Highland Telephone Cooperative (HTC) is a telecommunications service provider in the western portion of Highland County, Virginia. At an average elevation of nearly 3,000 feet, Highland County offers stunning beauty, endless vista, unspoiled forest, pristine waterways, open farmland and rural solitude. HTC has approximately 1,100 subscribers and provides broadband, local and long-distance service in a very rural community. Due to planned retirement, HTC is seeking a General Manager with experience, vision and leadership skills to lead the cooperative into a successful future. The General Manager reports to and works in a collaborative relationship with the Board of Directors.
• A degree in management preferred or equivalent experience in telecom management.
• Directs all company activities either directly or through subordinate managers. Ensures strategic, operational and financial objectives are met by providing leadership and direction for all lines of business.
• Interprets and implements board policies and directives. Establishes and implements policies and procedures to support board objectives.
• Ensures all operations comply with applicable federal, state and location regulations. Serves as a company representative before regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and industry associations as appropriate.
• Identifies new technologies and business opportunities. Directs efforts to research and evaluate opportunities for continued company development and expansion.
• Provides information to board regarding industry issues. Provides updates on company financial status and operational issues.
• Participates in board of directors’ meetings and strategic planning activities.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by board of directors/owner.
• Knowledge of telecom operations, technology and equipment.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment and the business impact of proposed and adopted regulatory changes.
• Knowledge of management and finance principles and practices.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
What this Position Offer You:
• An opportunity to lead a progressive telecommunications cooperative that is committed to providing its members maximum value through state-of-the-art voice and broadband services.
• An area that offers a desirable rural lifestyle and great family community.
• Excellent hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities.
• An attractive benefit package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward cover letter, resume and application (application available at www.htcnet.org or by mail) to:
Highland Telephone Cooperative
c/o Ruth Newman
PO Box 340
Monterey, VA 24465-0340
Accepting applications until February 8, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer