If you thrive in working in a team that has committed to; creating a culture of community by breaking down barriers, encouraging passion and pride while delivering extraordinary experiences to all, then look no further! DirectLink has an opening for a full time Geographic Information Systems Technician I in Canby, OR.
DirectLink connects over 8,000 members to the world they work, play, and live in through Internet, video, and voice services. The service area includes over 100 square miles in the Canby and Mt. Angel communities located in the northern Willamette Valley, Oregon. DirectLink is a telecommunications cooperative that began in 1904 and employs over 60 people who contribute to the vitality, creativity, knowledge and expertise that make the company an exciting and challenging place to work. The company has been nationally recognized many times as an innovative industry leader. Visit www.directlink.coop for more information.
The primary purpose of this position is: Responsible for performing GIS/Drafting activity related to records, work orders and maps for company’s telecommunication services.
• Responsible for maintaining base maps and outside plant facility records in NISC MAPWISE/NISC SIS. Creates work prints using the NISC platform. Posts updates from as-builts and construction redline print.
• Learns the NISC database/platform. Responsible for being backup point of contact with NISC support regarding all NISC database/platform issues in the GIS Technician II’s absence.
• Evaluates and recommends placement of fiber and copper facilities in the feeder and distribution plant, including route placement, duct structure, cable placement and sizing, allocating fiber/cable counts, placement and type of enclosures above ground and underground, drop placement, and electronics placement.
• Learns the process of opening and closing work orders, obtaining permits, rights of way, and easements to be able to support the GIS Tech II or OSP Engineer as directed. Assigns account codes in accordance with company policies.
• Assigns and posting ONT’s.
• Tracks and updates the status of facility construction requests and routes to other departments as directed.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities a required to fulfill job functions or as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year degree in CAD or GIS systems preferred.
• Must be proficient in the use of ESRI ARC MAP /Auto-Cad and a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Possesses an understanding of outside plant functions, including feeder and distribution plant layout, drop placement, facility counts, underground duct structure design, and enclosures.
• Understands basic network design concepts.
• Previous experience with National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) a plus!
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent member service, self-motivated person and a commitment to workplace and personal safety. Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and have the ability to be insured under the company policy. High school diploma or equivalent required.
We are a drug free company and offer a generous benefits package. If you are a qualified candidate, share our values and would like to join the DirectLink team, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com or fax 503-263-9399.