We empower rural communities through technology and great service. Santa Rosa is a customer owned cooperative. We are a rapidly growing company that is moving into new areas and lines of business. This position will have the opportunity for exposure to and experience with a large variety projects and technologies. Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits, interesting challenges, and frequent diverse learning opportunities.
Develop, build, and test systems to meet strategic objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, internal automation and solution offerings for external managed services. We are looking for creativity and well-developed solutions. Will also support, maintain, and build-out information systems infrastructure. Creating effective lab scenarios and test procedures is a must. Support duties will extend to both information and telecommunications systems. Job scope may change over time depending on need and aptitude.
The starting pay range for this position is $40,000 – $62,000 per year depending on experience and aptitude.
IT staff can expect to gain experience in a wide array of enterprise grade technologies. Relevant systems: Juniper: SDN, routing, switching, and Ethernet services; Linux: CentOS, bind, Apache, mod security WAF and service platform; Windows: Desktop, AD, and Server; AWS: EC2, S3, EBS, and Glacier; Azure: AD, ATP, Intune, MDM, Security and Compliance; General Enterprise Security: EDR, SEIM, management, and DDOS mitigation; Carrier networking: BGP, GRE, intelligent routing, MPLS, and EVPN; Cloudflare: CDN, WAF, and DNS. This is intended to give an applicant an idea about the experience they would have the opportunity to gain. This is not a comprehensive list and is likely to change as technology and methodology changes rapidly. This position will evaluate, test, and implement existing and new systems.
• Must be able to rapidly learn and apply new skills through direct instruction and organized training courses.
• Assist in the maintenance and build-out of modern wired and wireless networks.
• Work with a fast pace team to provide support and administration for desktops, servers, devices, and related systems; internally and externally.
• Investigate and resolve security, operational, and process issues.
• Must have the organization and planning skills to work independently, as well with a team.
• Communicate effectively and work well with others.
Problem Solving, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Security, Automation, Network Maintenance, Network Troubleshooting, Networking Knowledge, Networking Standards, Customer Interaction, Team Work, Technical Documentation
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 7+ years pertinent education or experience preferred.
• An in-depth understanding of modern IP networks.
• Competency in modern information security practices.
• General business acumen.
• Systems management and automation experience.
• Ability to create effective test environments that produce secure high-fidelity solutions.
• Technical and mechanical aptitude.
• Periodic travel for training.
Full time employment includes excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K after orientation period. Great working environment at an established stable organization. An interesting position where creativity and real-world implementation are both valued. Very large opportunity for personal growth. Will generally utilize and gain experience in wide variety of systems and domains.
Email resume to email@example.com
Occasional travel to HQ office located in Vernon, TX. required.