Provides advanced computer software and hardware support for all departments for the Company. Will oversee and optimize the office workflow thru the B/OSS, document imaging system, workforce management system, and computer workstations. Develops and maintains company database driven web sites. Provides training to employees on personal computer operations and software applications. Produces and modifies advanced reports as requested from management. Provides support for technicians, internet and data network/equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provides support for minicomputer applications and associated databases. Familiar with iSeries Navigator and minicomputer emulator.
• Support central office, network and combination technicians including moving, changing, installing, configuring, repair and/or removal of internet/data communications equipment.
• Support escalated internet installation and support issues for internet services by troubleshooting and testing modem speed and connectivity performance remotely or at customer locations.
• Perform daily provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting of data network.
• Maintain routers, switches, servers, firewalls and network cabling.
• Repairs and provides preventative maintenance on all data equipment.
• Responsible with other technicians for keeping all buildings and facilities secure, orderly, clean and safe.
• Provides training to employees on personal computer operations and software applications.
• Produces and modifies advanced reports involving complex SQL joins as requested from management.
• Oversees the establishment, control and maintenance of company records.
• 911 database manager.
• Primary contact for utility computing services (backup services, Google apps).
• Assists employees with software applications and installation including word processing, spreadsheets, email, CADD, internet, and specialized software as needed.
• Performs routine hardware maintenance and repair for in house users as well as RT Services customers. Create hard drive images.
• Oversees LAN and WAN functions including equipment maintenance. Provides troubleshooting solutions to system related problems. Will be responsible for configuring and managing VLANS, provisioning IP subnets, and router/firewall configurations.
• Operates, maintains and provides support for peripheral equipment such as projectors, laptops, and printers in order to meet computer processing and management presentation needs.
• Notifies management of errors or equipment stoppages due to upgrades or emergency needs.
• Designs and develops company database driven web sites. Serves as company Webmaster by coordinating, developing and maintaining Internet presence.
• Assists with PC repair for our customers.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of telecom billing and operation support systems.
• Working knowledge of web scripting language-including experience creating functions, establishing database connections, and debugging.
• Knowledge of graphics editing techniques.
• Knowledge of web traffic monitoring tools.
• Working knowledge of SQL databases. Including stored procedures, administration, maintenance, XML, and normalization levels.
• Knowledge of Active Directory.
• Knowledge of Internetworking devices (switches, routers, servers etc). Setup VLAN’s and manage IP sub-netting.
• Knowledge of SharePoint 2010.
• Knowledge of Linux server OS, Linux security, and Apache configuration.
• Skill in drafting Methods of Procedure for change and maintenance activities.
• Knowledge of Security policies, including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and experience with network vulnerability scanning tools.
• Knowledge of evaluating ROI for IT expenditures.
• Skill in operating and routine maintenance of various computer workstations and servers.
• Skill in using hand tools, power tools, electronic test equipment and diagnostic software.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax machine, scanners, digital cameras, CD/DVD writers, and telephone system.
• Skill in methods and techniques of training.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to develop solutions to data processing problems.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific job tasks.
Low voltage license.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems PLUS four years work experience with minicomputer or personal computer operations. NOTE: In absence of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems, equivalent experience qualifies with 6 years in a combination of IT Services, Network Administration, Database Management and Development, and Web and Application Development.
RT provides local exchange service to 16 exchanges in Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota. In addition to its core local telecommunications services, RT provides a full array of broadband services and products. The company also offers an entire suite of Professional Services, which include Network Security, LAN and WAN Consulting, Installation, Monitoring and Management, E-Commerce Consulting, Key and PBX Sales, Hosted PBX, Home Monitoring Systems and Web Hosting. Presently, RT is in the midst of placing fiber to the home (FTTH) in several of its Wyoming exchanges including Worland, Thermopolis and Newcastle. Together, with its parent and sister companies, RT has the largest fiber footprint in the state of Wyoming.
RT is a wholly owned subsidiary of Range Telephone Cooperative of Forsyth, Montana and has two other Wyoming sister companies - Advanced Communications Technology (ACT) and Dubois Telephone Exchange (DTE). To find out more please visit our website: www.rtcom.net
RT also provides a full array of benefits including; 5 NTCA GHP plans, LTD, Life and Supplemental Life Insurance, 401k (10% company contribution after one year), Traditional leave--sick, vacation and holiday, Wellness Program, and many other benefits.