DTC Communications is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual to join our engineering team as Inside Plant (ISP) Engineering Supervisor. This position will be responsible for ensuring inside facilities are adequate and up-to-date to provide reliable service to DTC customers, and works toward timely and economical replacement of damaged or worn facilities. The ISP Engineering Supervisor must keep abreast of all RUS, regulatory, industry, and technological developments to assist in the planning of plant operations and enhancements.
• Responsible for planning, designing, and purchasing of COE equipment to meet customer expectations
• Responsible for compiling the capital budget as it relates to the COE and OSP projects while ensuring that they are on or under budget from an equipment standpoint
• Responsible for designing and maintaining long-haul fiber optic cable systems and keeping it up-to-date with industry standards
• Responsible for designing and maintaining Visio/Cad drawings of transport technologies
• Responsible for updating and maintaining central office records and floor plan charts
• Monitors progress of projects to ensure project specifications and requirements are met. Sets and adjusts schedules for projects
• Creates labor estimates and build of materials quickly for RFP and bid responses
• Complete pre-site walkthrough with consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, and customers to formulate estimates, review cost reductions, and resolve issues
• Responsible for efficient utilization of the manpower to meet DTC’s service standards and the needs of our subscribers
• Responsible for assuring the training and development needs of personnel under his/her supervision are met; ensuring employees obtain a high level of performance and flexibility
• Ensures the process of orders meets the customer’s request
• Monitors scheduling and follow-up on assigned duties to assure orders are completed in accordance with DTC’s established guidelines and customer’s request
• Ensures that adequate written procedures exist and up-to-date to cover major areas within the engineering department
• Performs annual employee reviews and applies coaching when necessary
• Performs all other related duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Undergraduate degree preferred
• 5+ years of work experience in COE is highly recommended
• 5+ years of work experience in ISP engineering and record management
• Supervisory experience desired
• Knowledge of Visio/Cad Software
• Knowledge of optical transport equipment and central office equipment
• Knowledge of basic circuitry
• Ability to obtain industry certifications
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, schematics, and blueprints
• A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with urgency, focus and discipline
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a high energy, fast growth environment
• Excellent communication skills
DTC Communications offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience; must be willing to relocate to the area.
DTC Communications, established in 1951, is a member-owned, award-winning telecommunications company offering a broad range of residential and commercial services including voice, internet, video, business solutions, and security systems in Middle Tennessee.
Please submit resume and cover letter to DTCHR@staff-dtc.com no later than September 13, 2019.
DTC Communications is an equal opportunity provider and employer.