CC Communications is owned & operated by Churchill County, Nevada
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Position opens March 6, 2020 and remains open until filled
(Salary placement within the range depends on qualifications and budget constraints)
Plus 100% paid PERS (defined benefit) retirement, health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Applications are invited for the full-time position of Internet Systems Administrator for CC Communications. Internet Systems Administrator (ISA) is primarily responsible for all technical aspects of the Internet computer network owned and operated by CC Communications including all equipment located in the Fallon network center, as well as equipment located in other geographic locations. The ISA analyzes, plans, coordinates, and oversees the system administration duties and responds to potential service outages.
- Communicate, actively share knowledge and information
- Accountable, take ownership and responsibility for making, keeping and answering for all commitments to each other and our customers
- Respect, show respect for all
- Cooperate, work as a unified team
- Passionate, passionate about providing employees and customers innovative technology solutions through continual personal and professional growth.
Examples of essential duties and responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Perform system administration for end-user support including maintenance of user’s system accounts for ISP customers; update and maintain names, logins, passwords, access authorizations.
- Build, configure and install file, e-mail, DNS, FTP, DHCP application servers both as virtual installations and on to physical hardware; conduct performance tuning and monitoring of systems; diagnose and replace failed hardware. Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, tune, and maintain ISP application systems.
- Monitor and review servers and server applications to identify opportunities to consolidate and/or virtualize systems to reduce long-term Company operating costs.
- Develop knowledge and technical skills to become the Company knowledge leader on specific assigned hardware and application technologies. Meet with users, coordinators and developers to discuss and develop solutions utilizing those assigned areas.
- Install configure server peripherals including network storage devices and server software, applications and packages.
- Install configure and maintain network routers and switching hardware.
- Receive referrals from Helpdesk and provide assistance to complex problems.
- Maintain server documentation and procedures and submit reports to management as required.
- Analyze and identify server security issues; recommend and implement security measures and solutions. Responsible for overall ISP network security.
- Maintain users accounts on the ISP e-mail systems; analyze and troubleshoot e-mail problems concerning sending and receiving of e-mails; analyze and report problems involving viruses, spam, malware, unauthorized e-mail, and possible e-mail fraud. Work as technical liaison to coordinators, system developers, and end-users in implementing e-mail connected server applications
- Monitor servers/applications for abnormal performance, failures or unauthorized access and take required steps to minimize downtime or serious loss of data.
- Patch servers; research, test and determine patch releases for compatibility problems with existing software.
- Schedule, verify, and maintain data backups for users and system application servers; restore lost or corrupted data and files as required.
- Assist with developing specifications for new software packages, in regard to physical hardware, operating systems, and projected costs; evaluate and test new technology and present recommendations to meet current and future Company needs.
- Meet with vendors, preview new products, and maintain current information and technical skills in order to serve as a resource to users and staff.
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of company and user proprietary network data and information.
- Assists supervisor in determining best use of budget allocated for internet system equipment.
- Recognizing that job safety is a primary objective in all duties, attends and participates in company safety and training meetings.
- Drives to company/customer facilities away from the administrative offices in order to investigate and resolve problems.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Attends in-house and outside schooling, trainings or meetings, requiring travel by car, bus, plane or other means for extended periods of time, when necessary to enhance knowledge, maintain or obtain certifications.
EXPERIENCE and/or TRAINING: Any combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the assigned duties of the position. A typical way to acquire the required skills, knowledge and abilities is:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Business Systems or closely related field(s) and
- At least 4 years progressively responsible practical experience in the Internet/ISP field.
- At least 2 years customer of experience dealing directly with customers/users.
- Experience and/or training on Extreme network equipment.
- Experience and/or training on Brocade Edge network equipment
- Experience and/or training with TCP/IP networks, routing, IP addressing etc.
- Training and field experience with Forcepoint Firewall software.
- CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications required.
- CAPM required, PMP preferred.
Application materials are available at CC Communications, 50 W. Williams Ave, Fallon, Nevada or online at www.cccomm.net. You must submit a completed CC Communications employment application and a résumé to CC Communications Human Resources, P.O. Box 1390, Fallon, NV, 89407 or drop off at 50 W. Williams Ave., Fallon, Nevada by the deadline for consideration.
Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of completing and submitting the proper application materials by the closing date. Failure to submit the proper application materials will remove the candidate from consideration.
Position will remain open until filled. Your application materials must clearly show your qualifications for the position to receive further consideration. Applicants may be required to take a test, submit supplemental material and/or take part in an interview. Successful candidate may be subject to a drug/alcohol screen and a criminal background check.
- Retirement – Public Employee Retirement (PERS) – A defined benefit plan. Benefit payment is based on the average of the 36 highest consecutive months of service. Company pays 100% of contribution, and employee has no Social Security deduction. Five years to vest.
- Company pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, long-term disability, vision and life insurance. (Dependent coverage available at cost to employee.)
- Deferred Compensation plan allows employee to invest money in Pre-Tax dollars to save for retirement.
- Vacation Leave - starting at 12 days per year.
- Holidays – 12 days per year.
- Sick Leave - 15 days per year.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Computer Purchase Program.
- Supplemental Life Insurance, Wellness and Safety Program, Employee Assistance Program and Credit Union membership are available.
This announcement is generally descriptive of the duties and qualifications for the job.
It is not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract.
CC Communications recognizes the fundamental right of applicants and employees to be assessed on merit alone. Therefore, it is the policy of CC Communications to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. CC Communications does not sanction or tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability or veteran status.