This position includes full responsibility and accountability to the I.T. Datacenter Supervisor to implement the company’s strategy for using/developing technology resources, ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely. Position is also responsible for clear communication within and across departments, problem solving within a team and independently, and utilizing negotiation, persuasion, and diplomacy internally and externally with vendors.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB TASKS
1. 20% Maintain Corporate Network Infrastructure for the purpose of providing highly reliable connectivity of corporate resources to employees. Tasks may include router, switch, and wireless network configuration, maintenance and documentation, across a multi-state enterprise network. Monitored by I.T. Supervisor
2. 20% Implement and maintain corporate security for the purpose of protecting enterprise resources and property and to protect integrity of employee user accounts. Tasks may include performing regular security and software updates on all systems; administration of remote access systems and firewalls; Executing regular vulnerability scans and resolving issues uncovered; physical security of facilities such as door access system and camera system; create and maintain established security policies and procedures. Monitored by: I.T. Supervisor
3. 20% Operate and Maintain Datacenter Environment for the purpose of providing highly reliable private cloud for enterprise and Service Provider applications. Tasks may include the maintenance of and continued development of the virtualization environment; monitor and respond accordingly to storage needs; maintain a diverse server environment including various versions of Windows Server, Linux Server distributions (RHEL, CentOS, and Ubuntu for example); stay current in trends of new technology available to enhance our virtualization environment. Monitored by: I.T. Supervisor
4. 15% Provide I.T. support and training for the purpose of timely and professional resolution of both internal and external customer troubles. Tasks may include responding to Service Provider and Enterprise trouble tickets and service orders; creating and maintaining documentation outlining troubleshooting steps and procedures; training employees in various I.T. technologies and procedures that adhere to our best practices. Monitored by: I.T. Supervisor
5. 15% Build, implement and maintain applications for the purpose of providing efficient tools and quality services to corporate users and customers. Tasks may include building, maintaining and monitoring Service Provider applications such as customer email, DHCP, DNS, and Radius among other public facing services. Tasks also include maintaining and innovating existing corporate services such as network and infrastructure monitoring, communication systems, and enterprise information technology services. Monitored by: I.T. Supervisor
6. 10% Research and development of technologies for the purpose of creating an environment of continual improvement and innovation. Tasks may include monitoring industry trends for emerging technologies; research and lab new solutions including but not limited to virtualization, storage, security, and automation; Work in conjunction with other departments to deploy new applications that help them improve their processes. Monitored by: I.T. Supervisor