The Manager of Fiber Services supports the activities of the fiber to the premise subsidiary and the implementation of the fiber to the home project. The Manager of Fiber Services will be responsible for the engineering and operations of fiber services, while ensuring safe practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and directs operations and activities of the company’s fiber network to the premise, including: hiring and managing employees, preparing reports, establishing budgets, comparing and analyzing options, reviewing and executing vendor contracts, asset management, and helping to maintain good public relations with our subscribers and community.
2. Researches and recommends new and emerging technologies to further goals of the company.
3. Implements and operates the fiber IRF network within the financial projections and budget approved by the board of directors. If modifications are required, develops the budget/plan amendments with a financial analysis for the GM and BOD.
4. Ensures operations comply with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, including all applicable safety guidelines and established codes.
5. Promotes and maintains a safe working environment observing all safety rules and supports the company’s safety culture.
6. May confer with parent and subsidiary employees to aid as needed. Works closely with parent company personnel to ensure the overall success of the subsidiary and parent company.
7. Maintains great working relationships with vendors, contractors, subscribers, customers, and the general public in carrying out the responsibilities of this position. Works with consultants as required ensuring the success of the any deployments and ongoing operations.
8. Coordinates and assists with various project activities and leads special projects as requested by the VPO.
9. Organize, direct, coordinate the work and performance activities for the department to ensure employees are operating effectively and meeting company goals.
10. Works closely with YVEA Engineering and Operations personnel to maintain a thorough knowledge of the electrical system loads, voltage levels, reliability performance and the overall condition of the electrical system so that plans, priorities, and schedules related to system improvements and maintenance may be changed as needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelor degree in Business Management or Information Technology or related field required.
2. Demonstrated experience in managing a fiber to the premise project or department
3. Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of networking technologies.
4. Must have technical knowledge of LAN/WAN, Calix equipment, SIKLU, routing, switches, telephony, and security devices – IOS, VoIP, IPTV technologies and fiber optic technologies.
5. Strong negotiation skills required
6. Demonstrated supervisory experience with employees and contractors required.
7. Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player required.
8. Proven ability to multi-task and plan/organize to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Must possess strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
10. Must maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
• Reports to: VPO
• Directs: fiber optic technicians, oversees contractors and subcontractors
• Internally: regularly confers with Luminate and YVEA employees and other departments within Luminate and YVEA
• External: Maintains great working relationships with vendors, contractors, subscribers, customers, and the general public in carrying out the responsibilities of the position
Essential Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time to input computer data. Employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and to handle, or feel objects, tools and controls when using the computer, telephone, and calculator. Some travel by day and overnight to attend meetings, seminars, etc., which are related to specific job functions may be required.
The employee is required to stand and bend. Occasionally needs to stoop and kneel. Occasionally lift items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to view computer terminal screens and printouts and to read training manuals, instructions, time sheets, etc.
Talking in an ordinary tone and hearing normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone, is necessary when communicating with members and fellow employees, verifying employment information, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.