ATMC, North Carolina’s largest communications cooperative, is currently seeking a Manager, Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering - Design. ATMC is located along the beautiful Atlantic coast in Brunswick County, N.C., halfway between Wilmington, N.C. and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The Manager, Outside Plant Engineering (OSP) – Design manages and directs the OSP Engineering Design team involving wide area fiber networks, Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and broadband deployments, traditional copper and fiber communications network design in compliance with RUS specifications, Hybrid-Fiber Coaxial (HFC) cable television networks, and overall OSP network capacity planning. Provides Project Management and Quality Control of OSP Engineering design team related projects and activities, including those regarding Consulting Engineering and Contract Construction forces relative to large scale and ongoing internal and external projects. Reviews the designs, work plans, associated costs, and detailed drawings generated by OSP Engineers and outside Engineering Contractors regarding OSP Engineering Design of large commercial, large development, NCDOT rearrangement, FTTH, CATV system upgrade, fiber splice, broadband, data circuits, special circuits, wireless backhaul, line extension, reinforcement, regrade, OSP network planning, and special projects. Coordinates with GIS-CAD team regarding ongoing maintenance of OSP cable and equipment records, including Continuing Property Records (CPRs) and associated account codes, design, and work print files. Supervises cost study analysis for feasibility studies regarding project proposals as requested. Coordinates maintenance and administrative procedures with Engineering Director involving OSP related contracts such as RUS, Construction, Splicing, and Contract Engineering. Acquires real estate and implements new equipment site builds, including wide area planning, design, legal, and survey processes. Assists in reviewing new technologies and potential services and makes recommendations on engineering and design requirements, improvements, costs, and impacts.
The Manager, OSP Engineering - Design reports to the Director of OSP Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of fiber telecommunication, twisted pair copper, and coaxial, OSP systems design, including voice-grade telephone service (POTS), Fiber to the Home (FTTH), Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) CATV, and broadband architectures including Very High Bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Must be knowledgeable in construction practices and engineering practices, principles, and specifications regarding each respective Outside Plant network system.
• Ability to utilize CableCadCAD, NetDesigner/ESRI GIS mapping and database systems, LodeData, VISIO, XMAP, and other design, drafting, or mapping software. Working knowledge of AS400 system data (or other authorized ATMC Data Systems, including plant and customer records applications).
• Skill in operating various PC software programs including Word, Excel Spreadsheet, Adobe Acrobat, various CAD/GIS specific software, and engineering equipment such as: measuring tapes, laser range finder, height measuring rods, measuring wheels, and GPS data collection units.
• Knowledge of industry regulations affecting engineering projects and regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of company products/services, policies, and procedures.
• Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills and above average mathematical and problem-solving abilities.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related field), minimum of 7 years OSP Engineering experience preferred, or a 2-year technical degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of 15 years of equivalent practical and technical experience demonstrating a progressive career path of increasing OSP Engineering knowledge/skill levels, project management, and team management responsibilities, or a combination thereof.
ATMC provides excellent earnings potential, a great work environment, and a great benefits package.
ATMC Benefits Include:
• GREAT Pay Structure
• Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per year)
• Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
• On-Site Wellness Clinic
• 401k Plan with Company Match
• Discounts for Company Products & Services
• And much more…
Interested candidates should submit Resume, Cover Letter, and Employment Application (available at www.atmc.com) along with wage/salary history for confidential consideration to ATMC’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com or by mail to: ATMC Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 3198, Shallotte, N.C. 28459.
ATMC is An Equal Opportunity Employer. ATMC is a Drug-Free Workplace.