Job Summary: Assists creating print, web, and TV advertising for Nemont. Prepares visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and design print as well as digital collateral including brochures, postcards, flyers, print ads, sales documents, presentations, advertisements, company newsletter, annual meeting book, email and direct mail campaigns.
• Collaborate with marketing team on creating materials needed for events including tradeshow materials and event signage.
• Assist in brand management and development.
• Function as an active member of core creative team by proactively providing ideas and suggestions.
• Create email promotions and marketing campaigns.
• Manage aspects of social media marketing.
• Maintain marketing banners and promos on website (internal and external sites).
• Participate in Public Relations events such as chamber of commerce, fairs, parades, and other activities.
• Assist Marketing and P.R. staff with company publications.
• Answer correspondence and telephone inquiries as required.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in designing print and digital materials.
• Experience in conceptualizing, planning and executing both creative campaigns and stand-alone marketing collateral.
• Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Acrobat.
• Strong project management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
• Must possess time management and organizational skills.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong creative skills with ability to communicate ideas.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have strong creative writing skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Able to work cross functionally as a team in a diverse environment.
• Able to accept criticism.
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services can be learned on the job.
• Knowledge of communications, Internet, video, and wireless industries helpful.
• Able to proficiently operate a personal computer and related software.
• Knowledge of various office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, fax machine and multi-line telephone.
• Able to do basic carpentry to construct floats, displays and other promotional items for special events as needed.
• Able to function effectively as a team player.
• Able to learn marketing skills, company activities and affairs.
• Able to learn terminology and functions of the telecommunications industry.
• Must exhibit professional appearance and dress.
• Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Able to motivate oneself and work independently.
• Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insured under the Cooperative’s insurance policy.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of company records when required.
• Able to work weekend and evening hours.
• Able to travel for special events, educational and training purposes.
• Skill to use digital camera and imaging equipment, including photography work.
• Bachelor’s degree from 4 year College or University or 5 years related experience and/or training. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous telecommunications experience helpful. Marketing, sales, writing, and public relations experience helpful.
• Work on computer all day.
• Stands and walks short distances in office.
• Handles books, papers, and office equipment
• Stoops, stands, and bends for prolonged periods of time when working special events.
• May be required to lift and carry packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Climbs on ladders when working special events.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The successful candidate will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the Marketing & Public Relations Manager. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.