NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is a telecom trade association with the goal of ensuring that rural Americans receive broadband services on par with those available to urban residents—and at a reasonable cost. We believe the future of rural America is directly tied to the quality of communication services available. NTCA members deliver high-quality communications services in the most sparsely populated, highest-cost rural areas of the country.
We are looking for an entry-level Membership Assistant to join our Member Engagement Division. This division includes conference and exhibit planning, training and education, membership, and sponsorship and the Membership Assistant plays an integral role in supporting each of these functions.
What will you do?
- Provide exceptional customer service to our members and potential members, serving as the front-line contact for NTCA
- Develop relationships with members through attentive response to member requests
- Learn about a variety of Association functions through support for membership, meetings, sponsorship and education
- Maintain and update the membership database and execute conference set up and registration
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure daily operations, including Marketing, IT and Finance
- Work with a team open to new ideas and contribute to improving process and procedure in a meaningful way
The Membership Assistant position offers countless opportunities to develop a broad knowledge about the work of associations and develop skills that will benefit you in your career, regardless of your path. You’ll be joining a team that values working collaboratively, rewards initiative and new ideas as well as trusts that employees at all levels contribute to the success of NTCA.
- Who is the ideal candidate?
- Someone who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and manage priorities and time wisely
- Ability to travel and work occasionally on weekends when traveling
- years of relevant experience
- Database management experience and knowledge of Advanced MS Office preferred
- Basic HMTL
- Wants to improve processes
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are located in a modern office within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: