NineStar Connect is an innovative community-minded, communications, energy, water and sewer cooperative. We provide the infrastructure that empowers thoughtful development and improves quality of place in Central Indiana.
Provides technical support and maintenance for all internal network infrastructure. Recommends, installs and configures equipment for business and residential customers. Facilitates all purchases and installations of new hardware and software. Installs, configures and maintains internal server systems including virtual and physical server environments.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs technical support to all employees for their individual PCs and devices including any problems with hardware or software.
2. Maintains network infrastructure including but not limited to PC’s, servers, switches, cables, backups and remote connections. Also coordinates the installation of such infrastructure on an as needed basis.
3. Works with customers onsite or remotely to remedy software and hardware issues (NineStar Nerds/Network Management)
4. Install, configure and maintain customer computers and networks
5. * Performs other duties as needed including, but not limited to, completing various printouts and reports, customer invoices, and resetting passwords.
6. Performs other duties as needed including abiding by and adhering to all policies and guidelines of the NineStar Connect employee handbook. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
o company products, services, policies, and procedures.
o general office practices.
o network protocols and equipment
o internet services and protocols
o the Microsoft Windows Server and client protocols
o security protocols and practices
o Cisco layer 2/3 switching practices
o SAN and virtual environments (VMware preferred)
o Exchange 2013/2016
o Microsoft Office 365
o datacenter type operations and cabling best practices.
o repairing and maintaining laptop/desktop computer equipment.
o time management when working multiple projects at once.
o oral and written communication.
o problem solving.
o providing telephone “help desk” support.
o communicate with coworkers, customers and vendors in a professional manner.
o work independently and as a team player
o pay close attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree or equivalent in Computer Science. Technical certifications a plus. 1-2 years computer experience required, preferably troubleshooting, maintenance and repair. Experience in telecommunications preferred.
All interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete an online application at: https://www.ninestarconnect.com/about/careers/employment-application/, by February 26, 2018.