Adams Fiber is a voice, video, and Internet service provider that serves over 25 communities in West Central Illinois. In 2017, we were recognized by NTCA as a “Gig-Capable Provider” for our initiative to bring Gigabit broadband to the area. As our business continues to grow, we’re looking to expand our Network Operations department. If you’re interested in working with a variety of technologies, protocols, and carrier-grade platforms, Adams is the place for you.
• Assisting in the operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) of the Ethernet/IP networks, DWDM and Metro Ethernet networks, IPTV/multicast network, and voice network.
• Providing top tier technical support for voice, video, and data services.
• Assisting in project management for large-scale projects within the Network Operations department.
• Documenting various aspects of the network, such as network diagrams and circuit layout records.
• Participating in an on-call rotation.
• Working in our Network Operations Center, located in Quincy, IL.
Technical Knowledge Required:
• OSI Model
• Layer 2 Ethernet switching
• Metro Ethernet
• Interior and exterior routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
• Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, and IOS-XR
Certifications and Qualifications:
• Cisco CCNA or higher (route/switch)
• 7+ years’ experience