The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining established designs and install, maintain and support in Pioneer’s IP infrastructure and access networks to enable delivery of Pioneer’s services (i.e. IPTV, VoIP, Internet access).
• Maintains the established designs and support Pioneer’s core network infrastructure and both Pioneer’s IP access networks and shared IP access networks
• Maintains the established processes and works with wholesale service providers and enterprise customers to develop solutions as required on an Individual Case Basis (ICB)
• Maintains the established service levels for providing next-level network support to Pioneer’s support work groups.
• Maintains technical process and network documentation, ensures high network uptime, and assists in product development.
• Maintains the established processes for research, identify, evaluate, and recommend network hardware purchases, equipment lifecycle management, network security practices, network capacity management, and performance monitoring solutions.
• Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures required change, or where new ones need to be developed.
• Support company culture initiatives.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job functions or as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Certification level knowledge of network protocols, TCP / IP (required), ATM networks (Preferred) and their troubleshooting processes.
• Ability to work while under pressure (i.e. network and/or system outages). Certification level knowledge of Ethernet, DHCP, Spanning Tree, VPN, BGP, NAT, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, 802.1Q, OSPF, and MPLS, etc.
• Certification level knowledge of networking solutions/technologies for business and home users. Certification level knowledge of Windows and working knowledge of Linux.
• Certification level knowledge of ping, traceroute, LAMP environment and Wireshark and other networking tools.
• Working knowledge of encoding/decoding IP video, video encryption, multicasting video (preferred).
• Hands-on experience with carrier-class transport equipment, including DWDM, xDSL and FTTH (preferred)
• Proficient conceptualization, documentation, listening, written and oral communication skills. Extreme proficiency in operation of a personal computer.
• Excellent analytical, problem management, organizational, communication, customer service skills and understands potential impacts to processes and systems across the organization.
• Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, in order to meet strict deadlines, and dynamically change priorities when deadlines conflict or change.
• Extreme level of and understanding of confidentiality, ethics, integrity, and ability to work with a team.
• Physical capacity to perform the Essential Job Functions including the ability to type, hear, speak, reach, bend, and complete work under pressure to meet critical time frames.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and have the ability to be insured under the company policy.
• The ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime hours. Position participates in rotating on-call responsibilities, and may require response to requests 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, report to work on short notice outside scheduled work hours, and work occasional overtime hours is also required
Education: An Associate's degree, industry certifications (CompTIA Network+, A+ etc.) or commensurate experience highly preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years customer support preferably in a telecommunication, network service providers or ISP environment preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.