I. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Network Operations Supervisor is responsible for the daily management of Network Operations workflows for the Network Engineer, Central Office, and Systems teams, equipment, and key network interconnects. Works closely with other departments to achieve operational goals. Participate in service design, transition, operation, and continual service improvement stages of service management as it applies to the department. Leads efforts in providing 3rd Level Support for incident escalations and problem management. Coordinates interaction with vendors for design considerations and incident/problem resolution. Contributes to and enforces adherence standards and documentation by applying best practices and network management frameworks.
II. Essential Functions:
A. Works closely with management on the following supervisory functions:
i. Sets departmental goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and other plans needed to achieve the purposes of the department.
i. Defines and groups job duties into distinct functions across the teams.
ii. Delegate’s authority to team members to carry out the assigned duties.
i. Recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of employees.
i. Directs, motivates, teaches, and influences employees to achieve company and departmental goals.
i. Ensures that actual performance is in line with intended performance and takes corrective action as needed.
ii. Keeps track of employee performance in regard to attendance, accomplishments, strengths, and weaknesses to incorporate into annual performance review.
B. Service Management
1. Service Strategy – provides feedback to management on technical capabilities and operational insights for incorporation into Service Strategy planning.
2. Service Design - directs or performs efforts to document and maintain standard deployment model diagrams, technical descriptions, and operational procedures for active customer-facing (external) and technical (internal) services. Provides direction and quality assurance for Advanced Services Sales Engineering activity (Wi-Fi, PBX, and managed services).
3. Service Transition – works with Sales, OSP, and Service Desk on enabling new access equipment, service platforms, or advanced service installations.
C. Service Operation
1. Facilities Management
i. Power Management – Batteries, Generator, Power Distribution
ii. Thermal Management – HVAC, monitoring, and alerting
iii. Cabling Management – Maintaining and Enforcing Policy
iv. Physical Security Management – Authorization, access control and logging, video monitoring, and structural integrity
2. Capacity Management – coordinates activity to monitor, report, and plan for capacity driven network upgrades on access nodes, uplinks, transport links, core network elements, and other key interconnects.
3. Asset Management – develops and maintains departmental inventory processes to track equipment through lifecycle stages. Develops and maintains lifecycle processes for managing software updates across departmental platforms (Management, Systems, Core Network, Transport, Access Network, and CPE).
4. Task Management – monitors Service Order and Trouble Tickets queues, delegates’ assignments, provides cross-team coordination assistance, and performs follow-up and quality assurance.
5. Project Management – performs or delegates project management function, identifies potential projects and works with management for approval and implementation
D. Continual Service Improvement – utilizes influence and feedback mechanisms in efforts for continued improvement across all aspects of the job function.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The required specifications (education, experience, and skills) are those that the employee must have to hold the position. Applicants applying for this position must possess the required specifications in order to be considered for the job. The desired specifications are those that are not required for the employee to hold the position but the employee should try to obtain the desired education, experience, and/or skills to be effective and successful in the position.
1. Required education: 2 year College degree in a technology related field
2. Desired education: 4 year College degree in a technology related field
3. Required experience: 5+ years’ experience in telecommunications operations.
4. Desired experience: 10+ years’ experience in telecommunications operations.
5. Required skills: Professional skills: Proficiency in use of Windows desktop operating systems and productivity applications.
Project Management: Documentation and diagram skills. Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, team members, peers, and management through verbal and non-verbal communication. Ability to lead efforts in solving complex network problems quickly and completely. 45+ WPM. Ability to supervise teams comprised of the following technical skill sets: Network configuration, diagnostic, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills. Telecommunications and IP network and network management protocols. Digital switching, IP and TDM trunks, Switch
Translations, PBX/Key Systems, SS7, LNP, OC-X fiber multiplexers, AC/DC power, ATM, Digital Loop Carrier, SIP protocol and use cases, TDM/ISDN
voice services, DS1/56k/4-wire special circuits, Central Office/Remote design engineering, grounding/bonding, fiber and copper access
technologies, MPLS, DWDM, Carrier-Grade Voice Services (Voicemail and other features). Typical IT Infrastructure and Datacenter technologies
(Desktop Management, Microsoft AD/Exchange Environment, Virtualization, SAN, Data Protection).
6.Desired skills: IT Service Management, DevOps, Data Management. Experience with managing a network comprised of the following platforms: Brocade MLXe/CER, Juniper MX Series, Calix C7/E7, Adtran TA5000, Metaswitch Softswitch and Application Servers, Mitel MiVoice Business, VMware, EMC VNXe 3200 SAN, EMC Avamar/Data Domain
7. Required Attributes: High level of attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical ability. Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers in a team environment. Aptitude for learning new material and skills quickly. Able to take the initiative and motivate team members to perform at the best of their ability. Constantly seeking improvement and knowledge, and the ability to instill this drive into team members.
V. Please list any additional criteria that should be recognized in evaluating the scope and impact of this position.
1. Must maintain valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
2. Participate in on-call rotation with other department members and respond to alarm notifications from the monitoring system.
3. Must be able to switch between tasks frequently.
4. Must be able to work under pressure and work professionally with users that may be difficult.
BTC Broadband offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and more. Please fax or mail your resume to Human Resources, 6 E. Breckenridge, Bixby, OK 74008. Fax (918) 366-6263 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.