General Summary: Performs a wide range of duties in the IT/Network Operations Department. Installs, provisions, and maintains data center and video headend equipment. Monitors and resolves alarms on network equipment. Assists technicians with provisioning CPE, network testing and troubleshooting. Works with consultants and equipment vendors to resolve issues and implement new technical solutions. Provides high level technical support to customers as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Installs, provisions, maintains, upgrades, and offers 24x7 technical support of data center and headend equipment.
• Monitors and resolves alarms on data center and headend equipment.
• Provisions CPE.
• Assists technicians with network testing and troubleshooting.
• Provides high level technical support to customers as needed.
• Maintains diagrams and all other data center and headend records.
• Cleans, organizes, and maintains cabling in all data centers, headend, and remote locations.
• Available for after-hours technical support for on-call technicians and during emergency outages.
• Performs routine maintenance window work including backups and software upgrades.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of communications technology.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Skill in problem solving and resolution.
• Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
• Skill in operating office equipment.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous network operations experience preferred. Minimum of 5 years industry related experience preferred.