Position Summary: Support OTZ’s Internet/DSL customers by providing maintenance and installation of hardware equipment, software packages and support services. Support OTZ’s business offices by providing desktop software, hardware and peripheral support to all computer users.
1. Under the direction of the Data Network Administrator, is responsible for installation, set-up, maintenance, and operation of servers supporting email, domain name service and web functions.
2. Evaluate, install and maintain PC hardware, software and peripheral equipment
3. Provide first-level network support.
4. Maintain, upgrade and install network cabling.
5. Provide hardware, software and telephone support to OTZ.net and consortium users.
6. Maintain inventory of computer equipment and parts for OTZ.net and OTZ’s business offices.
7. Track and report on customer Internet support calls.
8. Keep OTZ current on state of the art technology.
9. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all of OTZ’s departments.
10. Participate in departmental team efforts, including day to day operations and planning.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
1. A Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent knowledge and experience as well as advanced understanding of, and experience with networking and telecommunications technologies preferred.
2. Experience with Troubleshooting and Upgrading PC’s.
3. Knowledge of/or desire to learn advanced computer systems.
4. Experience working in design and implementation of LANS and WANS.
5. Specific Knowledge & Experience with Juniper, Cisco, Dell, and Windows applications preferred.
6. Experience with a variety of software applications.
7. Two years experience with Network Integration Skills.
8. Working knowledge of ILEC/CLEC networks and DSL technology preferred.
9. Ability to learn and grow with the position.
10. Ability to work with little supervision.