Our Outside Plant Construction position is responsible for installing and maintaining PMT’s copper and COAX plant in addition to fiber facilities, as required. This position will provide testing and troubleshooting, all maintenance, as well as repair of facilities as necessary. This construction position will be responsible for pole line maintenance and new construction as required, both aerial and buried/underground. Lineman skills and pole climbing certification is necessary. This position will require a self-motivated individual that has the ability of scheduling their daily tasks and performing routine maintenance activities on a weekly basis. Emergency work and working after normal daily hours will be required at times of damaged or cut cables. This individual must be a team player and work well within the construction department. This employee will report to the Director of Operations.
For general informational purposes, on a monthly average, the time that the ideal candidate will spend with each area of expertise for this job is as follows:
• 65% Physical Plant Maintenance – ie: cable, pedestal, and aerial plant maintenance, repair or replacement.
• 10% Cable splicing of damaged physical plant or new cable installation.
• 10% Emergency Cable Locating to assist a dedicated PMT Facility Locator as needed.
• 15% Other Duties as Assigned – ie: assisting other PMT departments and contractors, plant facilities retirement and assigned company vehicle maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of telecommunications testing equipment and maintenance.
• Knowledge of fiber optic testing and splicing equipment and maintenance, as applicable.
• Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
• Skill in operating various office equipment i.e.: personal computer, printer, and various software programs.
• Skill in reading and interpreting maps, staking sheets, cable records, as well as operation and maintenance instruction manuals.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
• Ability to work aloft (i.e. aerial lift truck, ladders, pole climbing and towers).
• Good problem solving skills.
• Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Provides reports and recommendations for recovery or replacement of plant facilities.
• Works in an on-call rotation to take after hours calls during a seven day period
• Perform other job duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job functions as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Must have a valid CDL Driver's License, or obtain a CDL within 90 days of employment, and a clean driving record.
• Be able to pass both a Background check and Drug Screen.
• High School diploma or GED required – college or Lineman experience preferred.
• Must be computer literate with experience with Microsoft Operating Systems.
• Strong written and verbal skills. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
• This position will be based out of the PMT Rupert, Idaho office.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to:
C/O Director of Operations
P.O. Box 366
Rupert, ID 83350
Or email HR@pmt.coop
When a suitable candidate is found.
PMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and much more! PMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workforce.