BEK Communications Cooperative is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individual capable of meeting the requirements of OSP Field Engineer. Performs engineering duties relating to the provision of Communications Plant construction and maintenance engineering, and associated development of telecommunications facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Coordinates and performs engineering activities associated with the provision of OSP facilities design and implementation required for expansion, rearrangements, and maintenance in accordance with RUS and NEC standards.
• Engineers and prepares work order documents for projects and routes relating to the construction and maintenance of buried and underground outside Plant middle, second and last mile distribution cable systems.
• Engineers and prepares documents for Optical Fiber transport and distributions systems from the Central office up to the point of premise demarcation.
• Provides construction estimates to be within 10% of actual cost.
• Instigates and follows through in the acquisition of relevant and required private and/or public easements, rights-of-way and governmental permits.
• Updates and constructs new drawings and associated information for all buried Plant assets for submission to computer drafting personnel, utilizing both manual and automated drafting systems.
• Maintains current knowledge of new technologies and systems as they are developed.
• Ability to quickly gain knowledge of Company networks, service territories, construction management and Company culture.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisory personnel.
Education and Experience:
• 2 years of related Telecommunications Plant Construction
• Comprehensive understanding of engineering, construction and maintenance.
• Keen knowledge of Microsoft Office and various software solutions, including Visio.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development, each with a unique timeline.
• Strong interpersonal skills are key. The ideal person for this position is a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy to promote good Customer and professional relationships.
• The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and is enthusiastically persistent until goals are achieved.
• Ability to hold a ND Class D drivers License with the intent to achieve a Class A within 1 year of hire.