Project Manager/Analyst role has a strong focus on project management, process optimization, and financial analysis. This position is responsible for partnering with department managers and key team members to directly manage short and long-term projects. This position includes responsibility for confirming project goals and monitoring performance. Programs and projects will typically be from moderately high to high in complexity. This position also includes responsibility for business process analysis and optimization in the Operations team, as well as analysis and reporting of key performance indicators.
The Project Manager/Analyst participates in pre and post-implementation feasibility studies, business planning, and benefit analysis studies as required ensuring that elements of cost, benefit, and risk are identified and considered. The Project Manager/Analyst identifies and documents project scope and objectives that will allow the project to meet both its long and short-term goals and objectives. The Project Manager/Analyst manages work plans and project steps to meet committed time frames and milestones, while providing periodic reports and resolving issues in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develops project plans to a prescribed standard and in a software, tool defined by management
• Assists in the resource and financial budget estimation and modeling process for potential projects
• Measures the progress of the project(s) by monitoring resource hours and financial budget against the base-lined project plan
• Communicates with business sponsors and executives, functional area managers and/or consultants regarding status of specific projects
• Measures and reports on various operational metrics
• Generates weekly and monthly project status reports to a prescribed format and standard
• Negotiates contracts under the supervision of Director and Legal
• Facilitates the development and quality control of all project deliverables
• Performs post-implementation reviews of assigned projects and chronicles key lessons-learned and key “planned” vs. “actual” performance metrics
• Performs risk management analysis on assigned projects and develops a comprehensive mitigation plan for identified risks
• Escalates issues that will have a material impact on the success of the project to direct supervisor in a timely manner
• Identifies resource constraints that will have a material impact on the negotiated completion of assigned projects and recommends alternatives and/or trade-offs
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
These skills are required to be able to perform the job at time of hire.
• Mastery of spreadsheets and presentation tools; reporting and presenting
• Knowledge of accounting concepts, and financial/business analysis
• Knowledge of process optimization methods
• Working knowledge of basic database structure and reporting
• Ability to identify critical path tasks, prioritize, and monitor
• Plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to build effective relationships and work cross-functionally.
• Ability to influence and persuade others without direct authority.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax, two-way radio and telephone systems.
• General ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work with numbers and calculations and create budgets and forecasts.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and schedules.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Travel throughout the company footprint occasionally required
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
These skills are desired at time of hire or will need to be learned and developed.
• Ability to estimate duration and effort for project tasks with aid of functional team members
• Ability to identify and mitigate risk for technology and infrastructure projects
• Knowledge of telecommunications industry standards and best common operating procedures
• Knowledge of telecommunications and network systems and quality assurance factors.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
Education: 2 year degree required, 4 year degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
Prior project management and financial analysis experience required.
Experience with business process optimization preferred.