Job Summary: Purchases material and equipment to support plant operations. Distributes materials and equipment as authorized and maintains inventories and internal controls. Prepares and places orders for both standard and nonstandard materials and equipment, within budgetary authority. May negotiate returns of defective materials or equipment. Controls, monitors, and analyzes vendor quality. May supervise supply staff and custodians.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews requisitions to determine items to purchase. Prepares and places orders within budget authority for both standard and nonstandard
materials and equipment.
• Tracks distribution of materials and ensure delivery to appropriate departments.
• Maintains inventories and internal controls by tracking and organizing supplies. Maintains files of purchases, vendors and catalogs to ensure availability of information.
• Works with marketing, makes recommendations to marketing concerning products to be offered online and in retail locations.
• May negotiate returns of defective material and equipment as needed.
• Works with marketing to ensure that sufficient inventories are available to retail locations.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of telecommunications materials, supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of automated purchasing and inventory control systems.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability in improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
High school diploma or equivalent plus two to three years of purchasing experience.
• Sits at desk most of working day.
• Stands and walks short distances in office.
• Handles books, papers, and office equipment.
• Must have visual accuracy to post data in small spaces.
• Stoops and bends when using files.
• May be required to lift and carry weights up to 25 pounds.
• Overtime hours may be required.
• Out-of-town travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Nemont reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.