CC Communications is owned & operated by Churchill County, Nevada
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Position opens February 26, 2020 and remains open until filled
(Salary placement within the range depends on qualifications and budget constraints)
Plus 100% paid PERS (defined benefit) retirement, health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Applications are invited for the full-time position of Regulatory Accountant for CC Communications. The Regulatory Accountant is responsible for assisting with the revenue and statistical analyses for management and the company. In conjunction with the Senior Revenue/Regulatory Analyst works to ensure CC Communications is in compliance with all regulatory or statutory requirements. Responsible for revenue and regulatory analysis that result in the largest financial return possible to the company in accordance with customer needs and compliance with regulatory mandates. Responsible for the processing of payroll and payroll related reports to governmental agencies. Responsible for processing accounts payable and related reports.
- Communicate, actively share knowledge and information
- Accountable, take ownership and responsibility for making, keeping and answering for all commitments to each other and our customers
- Respect, show respect for all
- Cooperate, work as a unified team
- Passionate, passionate about providing employees and customers innovative technology solutions through continual personal and professional growth.
Examples of essential duties and responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Revenue Management: Assists Senior Revenue Analyst with continuing analysis of overall revenues of the company to facilitate the overall budgeting and accounting forecasts.
- Prepares quarterly and/or annual reports for NVUSF, FCC and NECA
- Responsible for payroll records and payroll related reports to governmental agencies.
- Responsible for depositing monies withheld from employee’s paychecks to banks, credit unions, insurance companies and other places as requested.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of retirement reports and funds to Public Employees Retirement System on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the budget process for the company including meeting with managers and supervisors to assist them in the budget process. Preparing historical data for the various departments. Calculating overheads for various departments. Compilation of information to produce final budget for presentation to Board of Commissioners.
- Assist the Accountant when needed to create monthly journal entries necessary for generating monthly financial reports.
- Performs or assists with monthly Carrier Access Billing System (CABS) activities. Creates bills based on interexchange carrier’s usage, payments and equipment requirements and ensures revenue integrity by managing the A/R aging reports.
- Works independently or together with the Senior Regulatory Analyst to review tariffs of CC Communications and other companies. Communicates the appropriate tariff information about rates and services to those with a need to know and recommends methods to optimize benefit to the Company of changes in tariff requirements.
- Keeps abreast of and updates Company tariffs and price lists as appropriate when costs change, or as new products or services are added or dropped.
- Responsible for the review, audit and reconciliation of inventory, records, work orders and related transactions. Assist in quarterly inventory counts.
- At CFO’s request prepares special analysis of various products or services to determine current or potential profitability.
- Reviews cost basis for company labor rates periodically and recommends appropriate changes to rates charged.
- Assists in the annual audit.
- May assist in special projects such as conversion of manual records of company to automated records kept on computer for areas such as billing, accounting, property management, or others as directed by supervisor.
- Coordinates special programming requirements (software modification requests) for management
relating to specific computerized financial data reporting requirements.
- Prepares statistical, financial and/or other reports for use by external auditors, regulatory entities, trade associations, connecting companies, or others as directed by supervisor.
- Assists with the accuracy and allocation of clearing accounts in accordance with FCC regulations.
- Keeps informed of current industry changes and FCC or other regulatory decisions that pertain to future revenue streams. Works with outside consultants if required to determine
specific effects of industry or regulatory changes such as modifications to access elements, cost separations rules, traffic studies, and related items on the company.
- Plans, conducts and/or assists in Revenue Assurance projects for various departments, functions, projects or processes throughout the Company.
- Prepares Report of Unclaimed Properties and submits to the state on an annual basis.
- Contract and rate development and/or individual case basis pricing for special quotes.
- Performs special Projects as requested by the CFO
- Responsible for preparing monthly billing to interexchange carriers including: CC Communications contract labor and services, and Inter-carrier compensation billings.
- Assist in accounts payable process if necessary
- Provides data to various carriers, agencies or companies as directed.
- Assist the Accountant in the CPR overview and reconciliations
- Assist the Accountant in work order, and other account reconciliations.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Attends in-house and outside schooling, trainings or meetings, requiring travel by car, bus, plane or other means for extended periods of time, when necessary to enhance knowledge, maintain or obtain certifications.
- Recognizing that job safety is a primary objective in all duties. Attends and participates in company safety and training meetings.
EXPERIENCE and/or TRAINING: Any combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the assigned duties of the position. A typical way to acquire the required skills, knowledge and abilities is:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or a closely related field and
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience working in an accounting, revenue or regulatory setting.
- Experience in Telephony preferred.
- At least one year of the experience must have involved working with standard desktop computer hardware and software using Microsoft Office and/or related programs.
- Experience with USF, FCC, NECA, PUC and other regulatory orders preferred.
Application materials are available at CC Communications, 50 W. Williams Ave, Fallon, Nevada or online at www.cccomm.net. You must submit a completed CC Communications employment application and a résumé to CC Communications Human Resources, P.O. Box 1390, Fallon, NV, 89407 or drop off at 50 W. Williams Ave., Fallon, Nevada by the deadline for consideration.
Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of completing and submitting the proper application materials by the closing date. Failure to submit the proper application materials will remove the candidate from consideration.
Position will remain open until filled. Your application materials must clearly show your qualifications for the position to receive further consideration. Applicants may be required to take a test, submit supplemental material and/or take part in an interview. Successful candidate may be subject to a drug/alcohol screen and a criminal background check.
- Retirement – Public Employee Retirement (PERS) – A defined benefit plan. Benefit payment is based on the average of the 36 highest consecutive months of service. Company pays 100% of contribution, and employee has no Social Security deduction. Five years to vest.
- Company pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, long-term disability, vision and life insurance. (Dependent coverage available at cost to employee.)
- Deferred Compensation plan allows employee to invest money in Pre-Tax dollars to save for retirement.
- Vacation Leave - starting at 12 days per year.
- Holidays – 12 days per year.
- Sick Leave - 15 days per year.
- Sick Leave Conversion Program—unused sick leave may be converted into retirement service credit.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Computer Purchase Program.
- Supplemental Life Insurance, Wellness and Safety Program, Employee Assistance Program and Credit Union membership are available.
This announcement is generally descriptive of the duties and qualifications for the job.
It is not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract.
CC Communications recognizes the fundamental right of applicants and employees to be assessed on merit alone. Therefore, it is the policy of CC Communications to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. CC Communications does not sanction or tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability or veteran status.