Sales Account Associate
Department: Marketing Department
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is primarily responsible for revenue generation through strategic alliances with new and existing WRT customers. The Sales Account Associate will inform and educate existing and potential WRT customers of our equipment, products and services. The Sales Account Associate will work closely with potential and existing WRT customers to identify and develop exclusive business development plans to fit the customer’s needs while providing exceptional customer care and follow-up to ensure the best customer experience. To promote an efficient increase in sales and profitability, the Sales Account Associate will be expected to be a self-starter and to be self-motivated as this position works remote 85% or more of the time with a flexible work schedule. Travel within the WRT market service area is required with overnight stays.
Essential Job Functions
• Research WRT’s market areas for potential customer of WRT equipment and services.
• Maintain and monitor existing client database and industry developments to identify potential new product opportunities.
• Sell WRT product and services, including, but not limited to telephone systems, security and surveillance systems, WAN services, door access services, IT services, including, cybersecurity managed services, managed firewalls and switches, Internet, and WRT Cloud voice service.
• Maintain contact with existing customer base and capitalizes on any new sales opportunities within the customer base.
• Follow up with customers following installations and alterations to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Inform and educate existing and potential customers on Company services and equipment.
• Respond directly to customer inquiries and correctly dispatch customer calls to appropriate WRT personnel.
• Primarily responsible for the coordination of proposals and prospective sales to new and existing customers.
• Accurately prepare specifications, proposals, and quotes.
• Assist in product development and provide accurate sales forecasts for new and/or existing products.
• Provide activity and results reports to management, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, monthly and annual territory analysis, and year to date sales reports.
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing and products.
• Assist as needed in any community promotional event.
• Assist the Marketing Manager in the yearly expanded sales and service budgetary requirements.
• Research and monitor existing client base and industry developments to identify potential new product opportunities
• Assist in cross-functional teams to execute product development plans
• Assist with and/or perform any sales training that is requested by the management team.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
• Knowledge of IT/IP technologies.
• Knowledge of management and sales principles and practices.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and peripheral equipment, understand telco operations and the ability to adapt information services capabilities to telco demands
• Skill in identifying and resolving subscriber problems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Skill to understand the challenges and problems that customers face so sale opportunities can be identified.
• Ability to overcome obstacles, achieve sales goals, and articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments with varying deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about WRT’s sales orientated culture.
• Ability to think progressively and innovatively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
Education and Experience
Associate or Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a marketing, telecom, mathematics, or a business related field. Experience in customer service, installation and repair, marketing, or sales experience is preferred.
Reports to WRT Headquarters in Hazen, ND and must reside within WRT service area.
Apply on-line at www.westriv.com or send application/resume and applicable certifications to Michelle Perreault, Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 467, Hazen, ND 58545 by Friday, January 31, 2020.