NebraskaLink – Lincoln Area
Position Summary: The Sales Engineer position functions within the sales team. This individual is responsible for supporting the sales team as a technical asset. This position will produce technical drawings, design network solutions and assist with sales presentations in customer meetings. In addition, they will act as a liaison between the sales and engineering departments to ensure correct solutions are delivered.
1. Communicate with existing and prospective customers directly to understand current network environment business and technical requirements.
2. Design solutions for customer applications, including preparation of network topologies and technical specifications.
3. Prepare pre-sale conceptual designs.
4. Help conduct customer site surveys as required to ensure successful installation of services.
5. Provide input on post-sale documentation and support to installation, and project management personnel as needed to clarify service expectation. This includes providing diagrams, written documentation, and verbal explanation as required.
6. Provide technical sales support to ensure integration and implementation of company solutions.
7. Act as a liaison between customers, sales teams and NebraskaLink.
8. Present technical training to new and existing Account Executives and Sales Support personnel.
9. Maintain knowledge of industry and emerging technology within the telecommunications industry.
10. Respond to functional and technical elements of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal.
11. Effectively represent NebraskaLink to customers and at field events such as conferences and seminars.
12. Performs other functions and duties as may be directed or assigned.
1. Self-directed and takes initiative
2. Effective communicator – written and verbal
3. Independent with good judgement
5. Strong work ethic
1. Bachelor's Degree in either Business or Technical area preferred.
2. Relevant work experience involving sales or customer service.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products. (Emphasis on Visio, Excel and Dynamics)
4. MEF and other Technical Certifications encouraged.
Indoor work with limited exposure to outdoor elements.
Lifting of up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Some work and meetings completed outside of normal business hours.
Some overnight travel is required with this role, 20%.
Want to accelerate your career with a fast-growing company?
NebraskaLink is owned and operated in the capital city of Lincoln, Nebraska; NebraskaLink is a Communications Company providing a state-of-the-art fiber optic network directly linking over 60 rural Nebraska communities to the larger urban communities both inside and outside of Nebraska.
We provide competitive pricing, diversified routing, and redundant facilities to local governments, educational institutions, business and industries as well as wholesale carriers and internet service providers.
NebraskaLink prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented, customer focused environment. As a fast-growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be. A motivated individual fulfilling this role will find excellent and varied opportunities for advancement within the Company. Come be a part of NebraskaLink’s success story!
NebraskaLink is an equal opportunity employer