The Sales Engineer/Estimator performs a range of job duties related to designing and engineering of network management, internet access and voice communication systems, structured cabling systems. Assists with site visits/walk-throughs, quantity of takeoffs, bills materials, and estimates. Coordinates proposal activities and procures equipment and places product orders. Estimations will include all the necessary materials, labor, and engineering costs required to deliver a profitable job which meets or exceeds customer requirements. This position also coordinates sales to project management transition activities and, has a strong understanding of Residential/Commercial Structured Wire systems is required, such as Telephone, VoIP, CCTV, Wireless or Wired Networks, Infrared Repeater Systems, Access Control card access and security/intrusion systems.
The Sales Engineer/Estimator reports directly to the Subsidiary Manager or Designee.
Job Description Duties:
• Responds to bid specifications, writing scope of work, developing cost estimates, predicting the duration of the project, and including contingencies.
• Estimates the amount and type of material required to deliver the bid specification.
• Provides complete project engineering and estimating labor.
• Assists by attending site-walk and pre-bid meetings, documenting site conditions for use in the development of accurate cost estimates.
• Ensures timely completion of and meets bid schedules and deadlines.
• Act as liaison between and meet with sales, project management and operations to effectively transition projects and streamline communications.
• Recommends vendors and materials to obtain best solution, most competitive price, and proper lead-times.
• Reads and understand blueprints. Review blueprint with customer, survey site to determine wiring/system needs, and provide quote.
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
• Develop the quote to include any changes or upgrades; and, follows up with customer directly regarding status of the quote.
• Work with Subsidiary Manager to develop project plans and timelines on accepted quotes.(e.g. order new equipment, reconcile any new pricing issues, schedule tasks related to equipment installation).
• Track and report job progress on scheduled and completed work.
• Track and report job progress against job cost projections provided in engineering documents
• Responds timely to client inquires, issues and provide a suitable resolution.
• Develops and maintain a profession, positive working environment.
• Nurtures total customer satisfaction.
Note: This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. She/he will be required to follow any other instructions to perform any other duties as requested by her/his supervisor.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants should have had significant exposure to:
• Pulling and terminating Phone (CAT5/CAT6), RG6 cable, Fiber Optic, Home Audio Wiring, and other Low Voltage Structured Wiring.
• Reading Blueprints and understanding of the Plans Revision Process
• Understand National Electrical Code Installation Guidelines
• Estimating jobs and providing Quotations for clients in a timely manner
• Testing cables and jacks
• Working with testing equipment such as a toner/tracing device, Multimeter, Satellite Meter, Cable Meter
• Troubleshooting networking/telephone/satellite/home theater issues
• Strong background in Telecommunications Structured Cabling/Low Voltage industry experience required
• Interpret, read and understand building drawings.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
• Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, customers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Ability to research issues and resolve them
• Highly organized with special attention to accuracy, details and deadlines; ability to work with frequent interruptions
• Good basic math, listening, verbal and written communications skills.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Exercise judgment and decision making; consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Ensure GRTI Employee Policies and Procedures Manual is understood and followed in a consistent and respectful manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in technology-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized knowledge: BICSI installation and safety standards, understanding of information transport systems technologies. BICSI certification is preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), AutoCAD, and QuoteWerx software, or equivalent.
Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate and develop a written and graphic representation of the company’s proposed solutions utilizing the software resources provided by the company.
Eight (8) to ten (10) years prior experience in the telecommunications industry is preferable, with experience in low-voltage structured cabling and special systems equipment installation, configuration and repair.
Note: Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would enable the applicant to satisfactorily perform and meet the duties required of the position may be considered in meeting the stated minimum requirements.
• Must be able to use hands, to sit, lift up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend, reach with hands/arms
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job.
• Must communicate clearly
• Valid Drivers License; must provide 39 months driving record.
• Position requires insurability under Native Technology Solutions insurer requirements. No DUI Violations (within the last 5 years).
• New hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
As a matter of Company policy, all employment is on an at-will basis, meaning that employment shall last for so long as mutually agreeable. Either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment at any time with or without cause.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified enrolled Gila River Community Members, other Indians, and non-Indian spouses of officially enrolled Community members in accordance with Tribal Employment Rights Office (T.E.R.O.) Ordinance (No. GR-02-09, Gila River Indian Community).
Gila River Telecommunications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, subject to Indian Hiring Preference.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS