Essential Job Functions:
• Installs, provisions, maintains, tests, supports and oversees all technical support for all types of central office (CO) and outside plant facilities and equipment as well customer communications networks
• Installs, programs, monitors and repairs all customer voice and data communications lines and equipment. Produces and modifies performance and statistical reports as requested by the Operations Manager and other management personnel. May work with and provide senior level guidance to other Technicians with installations and repairs as needed and assigned by Operations Manager.
• Installs, configures, administers, troubleshoots and maintains existing fiber optic and copper infrastructure, and a variety of customer voice and data communications equipment.
• Maintains digital central office equipment including IP voice (Genband C15), video and data switching equipment, IP gateways and media servers, SONET systems, Cisco ASR9K transport network, Access Platforms (Adtran), Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM) and Digital Loop Carrier (DLC) units.
• Installs, services, maintains and removes all types of CO facilities including toll and subscriber carrier systems, fiber optic SONET systems, special service circuits, messaging systems and associated equipment.
• Performs routine and complex translations associated with IP voice, video and data switching equipment. Performs network translations and system provisioning to accommodate routing, trunking and service delivery changes.
• Installs support structures and cabling power distribution systems. Repairs and provides preventive maintenance on power supply equipment, fuses, rectifiers, standby generators, batteries and fiber or copper distribution panels.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates performance of all other central office equipment. Performs acceptance testing of central office equipment installed by others.
• Tests and evaluates performance of central office and outside plant equipment by performing diagnostic tests to isolate trouble using electronic test equipment and performs necessary repairs using mechanical and electrical power tools.
• Coordinates with connecting companies when establishing, maintaining, and removing interconnection facilities, special service circuits and other voice, video and data transmission facilities.
• Monitors and records voice, video and data network utilization levels and makes recommendations on network augmentation to assure quality of service across entire network. Completes and submits all related records for central office and network equipment.
• Provides support in coordinating with other departments on service installations and changes for updating billing, facility, and other company records. Completes installation and repair related forms and reports.
• Assists with the installation and provisioning of Company, SONET, xDSL, VoDSL, VoIP, FTTx, leased line, ISP and DBS and switching networks and takes action to isolate and repair network and customer communications problems.
• Installs customer premise cable, Integrated Access Devices, DSL Modems, ONT’s and other CPE to support communications services.
• Coordinates with affiliated company personnel and contractors as required for the installation and deployment of voice and data network systems and applications.
• Assist in the maintenance of telecommunications Key and PBX systems and related communications hardware and data equipment to support customer services.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in electronics or related field PLUS 5 to 7 years of work experience in datacom or telecom equipment or service industry. Previous experience with one or more of the following is desirable: Wireless, DOCSIS, VOIP, DLC, xDSL, VoDSL, SONET, Fiber Optic technology, Cisco, Firewalls, Adtran access platforms.
Sr. Network Tech/ Combination Tech
Essential Job Functions: