Applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directs all activities of the Gila River Telecommunications, Inc. (GRTI) Subsidiary, Native Technology Solutions (NTS), either directly or through subordinate managers. Interprets and implements CEO directed policies. Plans, directs, and oversees all lines of business. Determines objectives, establishes operating procedures, and ensures the success of the organization within guidelines and authority established by the CEO. Ensures that all operations comply with applicable Tribal, federal, state and local regulations. Represents the organization with regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and industry associations. Evaluates new business opportunities and makes recommendations to the CEO.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
• Guides activities of NTS directly or through subordinates.
• Directs/coordinates service operations for the Outside Plant (OSP) construction division, which includes the installation of aerial, buried, underground and fiber-optic cable.
• Directs/coordinates service operations for the Inside Plant (ISP) construction division, which includes the installation of low powered structured cabling in commercial and residential buildings, and the sales and installation of access control, surveillance and phone systems.
• Ensures business and financial objectives are met by providing leadership and direction for all lines of business.
• Interprets and implements objectives and directives from the CEO. Establishes and implements operating procedures, policies and guidelines to support these objectives.
• Ensures all operations comply with applicable Tribal, federal and state regulations. Serves as a company representative before regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and industry associations as appropriate.
• Identifies new technology and business opportunities. Directs efforts to research and evaluate new technology and business opportunities for continued company development and expansion.
• Provides technical information and advice to the CEO regarding industry issues.
• Updates CEO on company financial status and operating issues as appropriate.
• Supervises managers by assigning work, checking the quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues, and monitoring projects to ensure jobs are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensures staff development and safety through training and by setting a good example.
• Travel to industry conferences, meetings, and industry peer locations as appropriate.
• Provide regular detailed reporting on subsidiary performance to CEO.
• Ensure GRTI Employee Handbook is understood and followed in a consistent and respectful manner.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by the CEO.
Note: This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. She/he will be required to follow any other instructions to perform any other duties as requested by her/his supervisor or designee.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Outside Plant Construction industry.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Structured Cabling industry.
• Understanding of regulatory environment and the business impact of proposed and adopted regulatory changes.
• Management and finance principles and practices.
• Operating various office equipment such as a personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
• Oral and written communication.
• Public relations and speaking in front of groups.
• Reading and understanding financial reports, industry regulations and proposed legislation.
• Telecommunications construction, structured cabling construction, engineering, and accounting practices and principles.
• Project management.
• Problem identification and resolution.
• Reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including work orders, staking sheets, schematics and specification manuals.
• Managing, reviewing and evaluating all management contracts and relationships.
• Analyzing financial studies, pro forma, and analysis of existing and proposed business projects, and assesses the economic impact of proposed transactions.
• Preparing financial budgets and sales projections.
• Developing, evaluating and implementing new lines of business, in line with subsidiary objectives and within subsidiary guidelines.
• Developing and maintaining a professional, positive working environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications, Engineering, Construction and Project Management or related fields.
• 10 years or more of management experience.
• 6 years or more of OSP/ISP construction experience.
Note: Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would enable the applicant to satisfactorily perform and meet the duties required of the position may be considered in meeting the stated minimum requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to use hands, to sit, lift up to 20 lbs., stoop, bend, reach with hands/arms.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job.
• Must communicate clearly in English.
§ Valid Driver License; must provide 39 months driving record
§ New hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
As a matter of Company policy, all employment is on an at-will basis, meaning that employment shall last for so long as mutually agreeable. Either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment at any time with or without cause.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified enrolled Gila River Indian Community Members, other Indians, and non-Indian spouses of officially enrollment Community members in accordance with Tribal Employment Rights Office (T.E.R.O.) Ordinance (No. GR-02-09, Gila River Indian Community).
Gila River Telecommunications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, subject to Indian Hiring Preference.