NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is looking for a Technical Support and Networking Manager to join our Information Technology group. This position will report to the Director of IT and will play an integral role in enhancing the capabilities of the team which consists of technical support staff and network engineers. As our Technical Support and Networking Manager, you will have the opportunity to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT infrastructure and technical support. In addition, you be able to develop, maintain, support, and optimize key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, user desktop systems and telecommunications systems.
What will you do?
- Manage the strategic planning, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, security, upgrades and support of all IT systems including networks, data centers, servers, databases, operating systems, PCs, telecommunication systems and associated hardware/software. Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete infrastructure diagrams and related operational documentation.
- Manage and supervise technical support staff. Provide leadership and direction necessary to achieve division performance objectives while maintaining a high level of employee morale. Responsible for the development of staff work plans that support the strategic objectives of the Association.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on changes to the association’s infrastructure.
- Establish best practices for installing, configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting systems/PCs, ensuring optimal performance levels, system availability, production schedules, and monitoring techniques.
- Develop all functional policies and procedures for purchasing, operational standards, vendor relationships, change management, and organizational cybersecurity.
- Implement and provide support for network applications, including Remote application services, Microsoft Office products, VPN, Microsoft365 services, anti-virus, MFA, network monitoring, Webcasting, and others as assigned.
- Provide budget and accounting support by preparing and monitoring infrastructure budget line items and is responsible for their implementation as approved. Approve invoices and negotiate bids with appropriate vendors.
- Keep abreast of technical developments of networking, system advancements, PC hardware/software and telecommunications technologies. Continues to acquire and maintain industry certification.
- Ensure the user community has the technical equipment and training necessary to accomplish the association’s goals. Responsible for the effective, positive communication between IT staff and the user community. Submits reports to management as requested.
- Collaborate with all IT management to create, modify, train, and enforce cyber security policies and standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following position requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows server and client based, iSeries, Linux and some mobile OS versions, AWS, VMware;
- A variety of computer and network hardware, terminology, protocols and standards including Meraki routers and Avaya telecommunication equipment.
- Applications: Microsoft Office suit, Webex, Adobe, VPN, MS MFA, Ivanti MS ATP, Office365 E5 suite of tools.
- Database Installation and Maintenance: Oracle, DB2, Access and SQL
- Communications: Telephone, voicemail, mobile phones
- Position requires excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to work under pressure with a variety of user and vendor groups; and developed leadership, organization, negotiation and project management skills. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the Association.
- Position requires supervision and assessment of subordinates and must be a team player.
- Practical knowledge, skills & abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree in computer science and a minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience and at least 2-3 year supervisory experience.
- ITIL designation or equivalent highly desirable.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, flexible work schedules, defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, and many more. Our office is conveniently located in Biltmore Park Town Square in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.