For the full job description AND TO APPLY, please visit: http://www.ktn-ak.us/jobs. While resumes are encouraged and welcome, FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND COMPLETE THE REQUIRED APPLICATION PROCESS FOUND ON THE CITY OF KETCHIKAN WEBSITE WILL RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION.
Outside Plant Engineer:
KPU Telecommunications is a triple-play service provider offering Voice, Video, and Internet services over a fiber to the home, all IP network. The Plant Engineer is responsible for the design and engineering of the plant infrastructure (copper and fiber) running from our Central Office to, or into, the customer premise.
The ideal candidate will have five years of design and engineering experience, including two years of supervisory experience, in a telecommunications (Mixed Fiber & Copper) environment.
• Expert level working knowledge of AutoCad/Autodesk design and GIS Systems (Mid-States eTics)
• Ability to design Aerial and Underground fiber/copper to the home network
• Ability to assemble construction estimates, including specific bill of materials, for internal (warehouse and construction) or customer use
• Proven experience working with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to obtain the permits, easements, and ROW’s necessary for construction
• Ability to manage contract consultants to assist in the design or engineering of a project
• Ability to create and review traffic plans
Complete job description and application are available at www.ktn-ak.us/jobs. Position is open until filled. EOE/AA
To learn more about Ketchikan visit: www.ktn-ak.us/
To learn more about KPU visit: www.kputel.com/