TruVista, headquartered in Chester, SC, is an integrated communications and technology solutions provider delivering voice, data, wireless, security and video services to business, residential and wholesale customers. The company has a proud legacy of serving rural customers, combining strong financial performance with quality products, reliable services and exceptional customer service.
We're seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team - preferably with experience in the telecommunications industry.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Financial Controller maintains all or a significant portion of telco accounts and accounting records. Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and prepares operating and financial statements. Examines a variety of financial statements and transactions for completeness, internal accuracy and conformity with established accounting classifications. May directly or indirectly manage clerical and bookkeeping activities as well as accountants or bookkeepers. Maintains financial records of the organization. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data. Prepares various financial statements and reports. Maintains general ledger by posting entries, ensuring balances are accurate and reconciling bank statements. Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Manages all accounting and financial activities by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues, and monitoring work flow to ensure timely completion of accounting and finance activities.
• Manages daily activities of accounting personnel either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Determines accounting policies and processes and resolves complex questions and issues.
• Ensures accurate record keeping and reporting by developing record keeping guidelines and preparing, analyzing and reviewing various financial reports. Reviews and distributes monthly financial statements. Files compliance reports with appropriate agencies.
• Maintains all or a significant portion of telco accounts and accounting records. Reviews daily and monthly financial transactions to ensure accuracy.
• Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers. Prepares operating and financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
• Maintains ledgers and financial records including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable records, bank reconciliations and cash disbursements in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
• Reviews and analyzes financial statements and transactions to ensure completeness, internal accuracy and conformity with established accounting classifications.
• Prepares various financial statements and reports. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data for use by management in assessing financial status of the organization. Prepares regulatory reports and state and federal tax reports as appropriate.
• Prepares, posts and reconciles entries to ensure general ledger balances are accurate. Reconciles bank statements.
• Monitors company compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, industry regulations, and company procedures.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of telco accounting practices.
• Knowledge of state and federal financial reporting laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of financial analysis, reporting, and investment practices.
• Knowledge of auditing, cash management and budgeting.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, copier, fax, pagers and telephone systems.
• Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to think creatively and analytically, and make suggestions for improvement.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to effectively present financial information and respond to questions from board of directors, owners, members, etc.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field plus five to seven years of accounting experience with at least three years in a supervisory capacity. Telecommunications experience preferred.
COMPENSATION: Salary based on qualifications; Comprehensive benefits package includes company paid medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, 401k savings plan with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and many more excellent benefits.