The Vice President of Operations for Fiber Services will direct the activities of the fiber to the premise subsidiary and the implementation of the fiber to the home project. This position will also recommend objectives and establish operating procedures/practices to create and maintain financial viability while ensuring optimum service to subscribers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the Luminate Broadband team to hit company targets through impeccable operations, customer service and relationship building
2. Conduct and document moderate to complex financial analysis, business analysis, and profitability to present to President, Board, and Senior Management
3. Develop and manage forecasts and budgets, lead the preparation and review of budget materials for CEO, and manage ongoing reporting against budget and plan objectives. This includes being involved in the rate pricing for commercial, E rate, and residential packages.
4. Monitor and make recommendations for improved performance of the systems, including rates, margins and unit growth
5. Provide leadership and direction for day to day operations and guides the Luminate team to ensure policies and procedures, standards and system compliance.
6. Overall responsibility for all operation goals, processes and procedures
7. Maintain company’s high level of visibility by promoting favorable relationships with community, all residents of the area served and public officials to protect the company’s agreements, permits, and profitable customer rates.
8. Evaluates new business and expansion opportunities and recommends new services to the GM.
9. Establishes and implements goals and work plans within the guidelines established by the GM.
10. May represents the company with regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, and industry associations as needed and appropriate.
11. Promotes and maintains a safe working environment observing all safety rules and supports the company’s safety culture. Ensures the company complies with all federal, state, local, and industry-specific regulations.
12. Supports and maintains an accurate and up to date knowledge of bylaws, guidelines, policies/procedures and philosophies of the company and it’s parent company – YVEA, to effectively serve and support subscribers and subsidiary subscribers.
13. Regularly confers with parent and subsidiary employees to aid as needed. Works closely with parent company personnel to ensure the overall success of the subsidiary and parent company.
14. Coordinates and assists with various project activities and leads special projects as requested by the GM.
15. Organize, direct, coordinate the performance activities for this position’s employees to ensure that Luminate employees are operating effectively.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelor degree in Business Management or Information Technology or related field required.
2. Significant (7 to 10 years?) practical experience in managing or directing a technology related business required.
3. Demonstrated experience with market pricing, especially related to commercial and/or E rate packages.
4. Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of networking technologies.
5. Must have technical knowledge of LAN/WAN, Calix gear, routing, switches, telephony, and security devices – IOS, VoIP, IPTV technologies and fiber optic technologies. Knowledge of NISC and/or SIKLU preferred.
6. Strong negotiation skills required
7. Excellent leadership skills and previous supervisory experience preferred.
8. Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player required.
9. Proven ability to multi-task and plan/organize to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
10. Must possess strong analytical skills and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
11. Must maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
• Reports to: General Manager of YVEA and Luminate
• Directs: internal Luminate employees, may also oversee outside contractors or vendors
• Internally: regularly confers with Luminate and YVEA employees and other departments within Luminate and YVEA
• External: Maintains great working relationships with subscribers, customers, and the general public
Essential Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time to input computer data. Employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and to handle, or feel objects, tools and controls when using the computer, telephone, and calculator. Some travel by day and overnight to attend meetings, seminars, etc., which are related to specific job functions may be required.
The employee is required to stand and bend. Occasionally needs to stoop and kneel. Occasionally lift items weighing up to 15 pounds.