Join Smart Rural Communities™ in Building a Brighter Future for Small Town America
Smart Rural Communities™ represents a network of communities powered by innovative community-based broadband providers building a brighter future for small town America. Smart Rural Communities, a program of NTCA, promotes rural broadband and its role in supporting innovative economic development, effective education, efficient energy distribution and use, state-of-the-art health care and other important issues for rural America.
- Offer 25/3 Mbps broadband to 50% or more of their service area;
- Have broadband subscription rates of at least 50%, and;
- Affirm their commitment to SRC principles of collaborative innovation.
JOIN THE NETWORK
NTCA members that achieve certain network and service standards can apply to become a Smart Rural Community Provider and join the national network of innovative rural broadband providers building smarter rural communities.
Smart Rural Community Providers enjoy the following benefits with payment of a $500 annual licensing fee:
- Smart Rural Community Provider digital badge
- Marketing kit with digital and video branding ads
- Co-branding opportunities on “Smart Rural Community” road signs
- Listing on website and other program materials
Applications will be accepted soon.
Stand Up and Be Celebrated
As the premier award for Smart Rural Community Providers, the Smart Rural Community Showcase Award™ represents the best and brightest in rural innovation. The Smart Rural Community Showcase Award is reserved for Smart Rural Community Providers that exhibit exception achievement in innovative and collaborative broadband achievements in their communities.
Showcase award winners selected through the annual competition enjoy these additional perks:
- Smart Rural Community Showcase Award Winner™ digital badge
- All benefits of Smart Rural Community Provider designation
- Recognition a NTCA Fall Conference trophy presentation and exclusive reception
- Increased visibility on program materials and website
- Local media outreach by NTCA