Promoting Rural Broadband Networks and Applications
Smart Rural CommunitiesTM Are Building a Brighter Future for Small Town America
From the Pacific Ocean to Georgia’s coastal plains, a nationwide effort is underway to bring high-speed internet to small-town America. Rural broadband providers are taking lead to bring advanced digital infrastructure to the regions and the people they serve. Their goal? To enhance quality of life by creating Smart Rural Communities, which utilize a robust fiber network to jumpstart economic growth and improve access to first-rate education, healthcare, and government services.
- Thirteen Rural Broadband Providers Earn National NTCA Smart Rural Community® Showcase Awards
- NTCA Announces Smart Rural Community Grant and Showcase Award Recipients
- NTCA Awards Thirteen Smart Rural Communities with National Awards
- Smart Rural Community Field Trip to Maine With Senator and Commissioner
- What "The Sopranos" Teaches Us About Rural America
Join the Network
NTCA members that achieve certain network and service standards can apply to become a SRC Smart Rural Community Provider™ and join the national network of innovative rural broadband providers building smarter rural communities.
The annual SRC Showcase Awards are presented to NTCA members to recognize their extraordinary achievements in promoting rural broadband networks and applications in rural communities. Awards are based on the demonstrated use of these technologies to support innovative economic development, education, health care, and other vital public functions.
The SRC Grant is an annual opportunity for rural broadband providers to obtain grants to deploy broadband-enabled solutions within their community. Matching-fund obligations require local communications providers to recruit the participation of other local leaders.
- Rural Broadband and the Next Generation of American Jobs
- Navigating Partnerships for Rural Broadband
- Steel Sharpens Steel: A Conversation About Regional Thinking For Rural America
- Anticipating Economic Returns of Rural Telehealth
- Beyond Rural Walls: Identifying Impacts and Interdependencies Among Rural and Urban Spaces
- Beyond Rural Walls: A Scholars’ Conversation About Rural and Urban Spaces
(abridged presentation transcript)
- Conquering the Challenges of Broadband Adoption
- The Smart Rural Community
The Smart Rural Community Advisory Council (SRCAC) supports the SRC initiative by providing the technical and business expertise essential to the implementation of the program. The SRCAC includes representatives from the communications, power utility, education, agriculture, public safety, health care and rural economic development industries. Certain NTCA member committees, as well as one NTCA staff liaison, are also represented on the council.