Manages all accounting and financial operations. Specific responsibilities include: monitoring receipts and disbursements, accounting and financial record keeping and reporting, payroll operations, short-term investments and management of cash flow. May negotiate terms of purchase and arranges for any necessary financing of major equipment and supplies. May research, recommend and administer long-term investments.
Essential Job Functions:
* Manages all accounting and financial activities by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues and monitoring work flow to ensure timely completion of accounting and finance activities.
* Monitors company cash flow situation by updating cash flow projections, reviewing accounts payable, analyzing long-term debt and reviewing accounts receivable reports and weekly cash requirements.
* Manages company-wide payroll operations and completes related filings.
* Ensures accurate record keeping and reporting by developing record keeping guidelines and preparing, analyzing and reviewing various financial reports.
* Prepares and distributes monthly financial statements and revenue metrics to management. Files compliance reports with appropriate agencies.
* Fields and responds to all financial inquiries and prepares financial reports for external tax accountants, auditors and regulatory consultants.
* May assist in researching, analyzing and making recommendations for investment options to General Manager and CFO as requested.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of telco accounting practices.
* Knowledge of state and federal financial reporting laws and regulations.
* Knowledge of financial analysis, reporting and investment practices.
* Knowledge of auditing, cash management and budgeting.
* Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of management principles and practices.
* Knowledge of company products and services.
* Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, fax and telephone systems.
* Skill in Excel and other Microsoft software.
* Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data.
* Skill in oral and written communication.
* Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
* Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
* Ability to think creatively and analytically and make suggestions for improvement.
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
* Ability to effectively present financial information and respond to questions from board of directors, owners, members, etc.
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field plus five (5) to seven (7) years of accounting experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity. CPA preferred.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.peoplescom.net/careers.