Clear Creek Communication is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiar with fiber optic transmission technologies.
• Ability to lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Valid State of Oregon Driver’s license. Clear Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
• State of Oregon Electrical Contractors Licensing Board Low Voltage Certificate preferred but not required.
• Provides assistance to Network Technicians as needed.
• Troubleshoots and repairs problems associated with the RF, AC and DC portions of the forward and reverse plant, such as transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference; including troubleshooting of optical power.
• Performs routine balancing, aligning and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals.
• Tests and sweeps main trunk lines using signal level meters, volt-OHM meters, spectrum analyzers and other related test equipment on a regular basis, compare findings in the field with documentation.
• Assists in maintenance and repair of all equipment associated with the Headend that is used for the reception and distribution of off-air or satellite originated programming to the outside plant.
• Tests power supplies and battery systems on a regular basis.
• Assures system security by terminating unused ports, lock and tag peds/lockboxes.
• Updates and maintains CATV Maps to ensure the latest Plant Schematics.
• When assigned provides 24 hour on call support for service interruptions and occasionally works nights and weekends.
• Drives Company vehicle and boom truck in a safe and responsible manner.
• Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Performs other job duties and responsibilities a required to fulfill job functions or as assigned.
Clear Creek Communications is in the community of Redland, a suburb of Portland. The company was incorporated as an Oregon cooperative telephone company in 1906. The business office is located at 18238 S. Fischers Mill Road, Oregon City, OR 97045. Clear Creek Communications provides state-of-the-art Voice, Video, and Broadband Internet services to its customers in the Redland area. Clear Creek also offers Smart Home Security not only to its local customers but also throughout the Portland Metro area.
If you are a qualified candidate and would like to join the Clear Creek Communications team, please apply ASAP! We offer a full benefit package including health, dental, life, flexible spending, retirement and vacation, as well as provide a competitive salary. Clear Creek Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 503.631.2385. For more information about us, please visit https://www.ccmtc.com/
Job type: Full-time
• Paid time off
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Retirement benefits or accounts