For the full job description AND TO APPLY, please visit: http://www.ktn-ak.us/jobs. While resumes are encouraged and welcome, FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND COMPLETE THE REQUIRED APPLICATION PROCESS FOUND ON THE CITY OF KETCHIKAN WEBSITE WILL RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION.
Telecommunications Network/Enterprise Engineer
KPU Telecommunications is a triple-play service provider offering Voice, Video, and Internet services over a fiber to the premise, all IP network. The Telecom Engineer performs advanced professional level duties in support of the Engineering staff and the Central Office within the Telecommunications Division; provides professional telecommunications network engineering support to the Telecommunications Division; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, departments, and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Telecommunications Engineering Manager.
• Oversees and performs advanced professional level duties in support of the assigned services and activities of Engineering staff and the Central Office including planning and engineering major and minor capital improvement projects.
• Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for engineering staff; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
• Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommends, within departmental policy, appropriate service.
• Assists with planning, directing, coordination, and reviewing of the work plan for telecommunications ; may be directed to assign work activities, projects, and programs; or participate in reviews and evaluation of work products, methods, and procedures; works with staff to identify and resolve problems.
• Implements current system service plan, taking into consideration planned replacement of obsolete facilities, technology improvements, provision of new services, customer complaints and service requests, and network efficiencies.
• Participates in the supervision and monitoring of work of engineering consultants.
• Assists in the acquisition of necessary rights of way easements, permits, and landowner consents in coordination with other engineering staff.
• Responsible for timely and accurate recording of activities and maintenance of appropriate files, including job orders, work order project status, communications, and as-built maps.
• Serves as Acting Telecommunications Engineering Manager or Plant Manager in their absence.
• Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
• Responsible for product testing and evaluation of new equipment as directed.
• Organizes and performs substantial network trouble shooting activities during service outages.
• Conducts a variety of organizational studies, investigations, and operational studies; recommends modifications to telecommunications engineering programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
• Attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the telecommunications engineering field; incorporates new developments as appropriate.
Complete job description and application are available at www.ktn-ak.us/jobs. Position is open until filled. EOE/AA
To learn more about Ketchikan visit: www.ktn-ak.us/
To learn more about KPU visit: www.kputel.com/