February 25, 2018
Austin, TX – Day 1 of the NTCA 2018 Rural Telecom Industry Meeting & Expo (RTIME 2018) concluded with a huge wave of industry leaders. With almost 2,000 registered attendees, the flow of information sharing and networking was in full abundance.
The morning kicked off with the first set of concurrent sessions and ended in an impressive industry gathering at the Welcome Reception.
Here are a couple of recaps for the day:
- We heard from Anirban Basu on how data supports the economy and why it's important to pay attention.
- Looking to learn more about how data can work for you? Join us at the 2018 PR & Marketing Conference in New Orleans, April 29 - May 1, where you will learn how to master the trade of translating numbers into campaigns that result in higher engagement rates, increased social views and more web hits.
- The Marketing Committee helped us to Map Customer Experience.
- The Associate Member Advisory Committee (AMAC) navigated us through how to use digital mediums to drive a better customer experience.
- Exhibitors were vigorously setting up shop for the EXPO Hall Opening tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm in the Convention Center, Level 1.
- Don't forget to check out NTCA's booth at booth #501 and help us support the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Day 1 was incredible but Day 2 is sure to bring even more excitement. Be on the lookout for:
- Opening General Session with NTCA President John Klatt, Anne Hazlett from the Department of Agriculture, FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr , NTCA CEO Shirley Bloomfield and more.
- Have staff who couldn't attend RTIME 2018? Have them tune into the "Live @ RTIME" our next NTCA Live installment of Mapping Your RTIME Experience to view a portion of the Opening General Session.
- Join a committee meeting. NTCA committee meetings are open to members and are welcome to join a business meeting. It's a great way to network and to help mobilize industry initiatives.
- EXPO at RTIME opens on Monday at 4 pm.
- Have staff who couldn't attend RTIME 2018? Have them tune into the "EXPO Live" our next NTCA Live installment of Mapping Your RTIME Experience hosted by AMAC Chair Jennifer Logsdon who will take you through a quick tour of the exhibit hall.
Share your stories and experiences with us on social media by using hashtag #RTIME2018.