February 26, 2018
Austin, TX – From cybersecurity to augmented realty, Day 3 of of the Rural Telecom Industry Meeting & Expo (RTIME) was filled with so much content to take away.
- Marcus Sachs, cybersecurity expert, walked us through the different types of cyber threats and things to be on the lookout to help prevent a cyber attack. Looking for more cybersecurity resources? Participate in our new Cyber Wise Program and learn how to develop a comprehensive, company-wide plan to manage your cyber risks and ensure your network is resistant to and resilient from cyber attacks.
- Augmented Reality (AR) is believed to be a the next digital platform. Dr. James Oliver at Iowa State University took us through the current AR projects and how it can be used to help our future workforce.
- Four different concurrent sessions and six roundtables to choose from ... no matter what session or roundtable topic you choose to attend, every session was filled with meaningful content and conversations. The exchanging of ideas and information is what RTIME is all about.
- More than 100 exhibitors gathered at EXPO for the final day of the show floor.
- A special thanks to all of you who helped us connect to communities in the central Texas area by making financial contributions to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Many of you wrote encouraging notes to families currently staying at the local house in Austin. On behalf of the charity and all of us at NTCA, thank you!
We hope that you can join us for the final day of RTIME 2018! Join us at 7:30am for breakfast and to honor the winners of this year's Excellence Awards at 7:30 a.m.
Share your stories and experiences with us on social media by using hashtag #RTIME2018.