Pioneer Consolidated, Inc., located in Philomath, Oregon is seeking an experienced Central Office Technician. The successful candidate must have three years telecommunications experience working with central office switching and transmission equipment as well as testing equipment
More specifically, the Central Office Technician:
• Maintains all types of Central Office equipment including, but not limited to, carrier system equipment, voice mail and associated equipment; and assists in the installation, servicing and removal of central office facilities.
• Repairs and performs preventative maintenance on Central Office power supply equipment including rectifiers, stand-by generators, generator fuel tanks, batteries, ringing machines, and distribution panels and fuses.
• Tests, evaluates and maintains performance of all other Central Office equipment, including customer line equipment, switching and common equipment and trunks.
• Coordinates with connecting companies when necessary in establishing, maintaining, and removing special circuits.
• Installs and maintains two way radio and related equipment
• Receives and analyzes trouble reports and, if necessary, corrects troubles.
• Installs and maintains broadband data equipment.
• Performs acceptance testing of manufacturer-installed equipment. Performs related duties such as building and installing support structures for power and cable supplies.
• Installs and maintains span lines used for subscriber carrier and special access.
We offer an excellent salary and benefit package. Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Pioneer Telephone Cooperative
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 631
Philomath, OR 97370-0631