This position is responsible for providing billing and customer support and is the primary point-of-contact for residential and/or small business customers of Harmony Telephone Company and MiBroadband to fulfill all service needs. The Customer Service and Bookkeeping Representative position will educate customers on Company products/services, packages, increased speeds and advanced services and will positively promote and sell Company products/services. CSR will perform assigned duties and provide quality customer service to external and internal customers.
Essential Job Functions (May include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Provides excellent customer service by responding promptly, courteously, and professionally to all customer inquiries/correspondence by phone, in person, by email, or mail.
• Exhibits discretion and keeps customer and Company matters confidential, adheres to Company CPNI and Red Flag rules.
• Positively promotes and sells Company products/services to new and existing customers.
• Receives and processes Service Orders.
• Verifies customer charges are correct on service order before closing to ensure correct billing to the customer.
• Supports customers including entering and following up on trouble tickets.
• Addresses reported troubles; researches billing disputes; and applies appropriate treatment to resolve customer complaints. Unresolved trouble/billing disputes should be referred to Supervisor.
• Accepts customer payments and posts to the appropriate accounts when payment is received.
• Balances cash drawer daily and ensures accuracy of all cash transactions and associated reports.
• Assists with entering and processing daily deposits as well as other bookkeeping functions.
• Performs other general accounting duties including opening and distributing accounting department mail, filing, and making daily bank deposits.
• Set up and processes automatic payments by ACH, Credit Card, E-Check or other auto pay options.
• Establishes and enforces special payment arrangements and post information accurately on customer accounts.
• May collect money owed on unpaid accounts and insufficient funds checks as needed.
• Writes routine letters and correspondence to customers.
• Investigates returned mail on customer accounts; processes address changes on billing system and update directory listing as requested by the customer.
• Completes, files, and/or maintains records or reports as assigned by Management.
• Maintains directory, 911 and other database extracts.
• Sends CPNI notification letters and maintains appropriate audit reports.
• Receives and assists in accurate inventory maintenance of customer premise equipment and files with accounting department.
• Maintains a good working relationship with software providers, customers, co-workers and management employees through prompt, courteous and professional communication.
• Effectively communicates and contributes to the team to promote an efficient and productive team environment.
• Makes effective, reasonable decisions regarding customer issues using information at hand in a timely manner.
• Adheres to established company policies and procedures.
• Accepts responsibility for decisions, conduct and actions.
• Demonstrates dependability through promptness, good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Must be able to travel overnight occasionally for training, meetings, and conferences.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
* These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A friendly, outgoing personality with an aptitude for good customer and public relations is a must.
• Projects a positive, professional attitude and can adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and telephone etiquette skills.
• Ability to communicate and present information effectively at all times, both in writing and in speaking.
• Skilled in using personal computer and related software; copier; calculator; phone system; and fax machine.
• Can effectively use MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Company specific software programs related to job duties.
• Maintains working knowledge of Company products and services.
• Knowledgeable of all Company policies/procedures, including safety policies, and adheres to them.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills and pays close attention to detail.
• Skill in identifying problems and resolving them.
• Skill in writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with software providers, customers, co-workers and management employees through prompt, courteous and professional communication.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral or diagram form instructions.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts correctly for customer billings and products/services cost comparisons.
• Ability to read, interpret and understand documents, manuals, reports, and forms.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment while prioritizing and completing multiple projects accurately within given timelines/deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers to promote an efficient and cohesive team environment.
• General troubleshooting skills.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience Desired
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each item under “Essential Job Functions” satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma – Required
• Valid driver’s license - Required
• 2-3 years customer service or accounting/bookkeeping experience
• Associates degree in accounting a plus
• Mathematical Skills
• Computer Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 24 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Defined by a Supervisor or Management
• Proof U.S. Work Eligibility
• On-going training when deemed by Management
• Valid Driver’s License
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.