This position educates customers about Company products and services, and offers solutions to fit their needs so as to ensure customer satisfaction. This position requires an outgoing personality and the ability to multi-task. It also requires a person who can retain and effectively utilize knowledge of policies, procedures, service order systems, billing systems, payment and collections processes. Friendly and excellent customer service is a high priority for this job.
▪ High School diploma, or equivalent, required.
▪ One year previous experience in customer service.
▪ One year previous experience in data entry and/or computer work.
▪ Ability to obtain, retain and effectively utilize various technical data and policy
▪ Skill in entering information accurately via computer in order to meet the Business
Office’s quality standards.
▪ Organizational skills and attention to detail.
▪ Ability to multi-task.
▪ Ability to effectively and appropriately coordinate with other departments on projects.
▪ Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
▪ Ability to effectively and appropriately negotiate with customers and handle sensitive
▪ Effective listening skills with a high level of empathy.
▪ Ability to stay calm and work well under pressure.
▪ Ability to type 40 WPM.
▪ Bilingual (Fluent in English and Navajo).
▪ Knowledge of and experience in the telecommunications industry.
▪ Knowledge of use of a phone system in an automated call distributing environment.
▪ Work history that reflects stability.
▪ Working knowledge of Windows-based operating systems. Proficient in the use of
personal computers and related software, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
▪ Interact with customers by telephone and in person, and offer recommendations of
products and services to ensure customer satisfaction and meet Company retention goals.
▪ Effectively sell Company products and services.
▪ Process orders for new installations, disconnections, moves, additions, long distance
carrier changes and other changes in telephone service arrangements.
▪ Enter appropriate information accurately via computer terminal; forward documentation
to necessary personnel and follow-up with customer by telephone and/or letter.
▪ Coordinate service installations with customers and appropriate Company departments
and other companies, as necessary.
▪ Process trouble tickets and communicate with Dispatch.
▪ Respond to customer inquiries or complaints regarding accounts, type of services
provided or quality of service. Conduct an investigation, if required, into customer issues
and reach appropriate resolution.
▪ Contact customers who have past due balances and make payment arrangements as
▪ Maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of Company offerings, policies, and
▪ Meet Business Office objectives through practicing organizational and time management
skills including, but not limited to, prioritizing work and requesting additional work when
▪ Actively participate in all forms of coaching, deemed necessary by management, in a
manner that generates successful change.
▪ Function as a team player in peer relationships.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of customer information.
▪ Comply with all Company and governmental policies, practices and procedures.
▪ Interact with all customers and all Company employees in a courteous, friendly, and
professional manner at all times.
▪ Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function, or as assigned