Performs engineering duties relating to the provision of telephone plant construction and maintenance engineering, and associated administration for telecommunications facilities
Essential Job Functions:
• Develops operational procedures regarding the design and installation of outside plant facilities, customer premise equipment, and related electronics facilities and equipment.
• Coordinates and performs engineering activities associated with the provision of outside plant facilities design and implementation required for expansion, rearrangements, and maintenance in accordance with RUS, NESC and NEC standards.
• Engineers and prepares work order documents for projects and routes relating to the construction and maintenance of aerial, buried and underground outside trunking and distribution cable systems to include line conditioning and cross-connect terminals and Digital Line Carriers.
• Engineers and prepares documents for Fiber transport and distributions systems to include OLT equipment, Splitters, and ONT technology.
• Assists in the development of annual capital and expense budgets
• Inspects outside plant projects to verify compliance with work order documents.
• Provides job estimates to be within 10% of actual cost.
• Instigate and track to completion work orders and cable transfer forms and keeps plant facilities maps and schematic drawings current.
• Instigates and follows through in the acquisition of relevant and required easements, rights-of-way and governmental permits.
• Updates and constructs new drawings and associated information for all telephone company properties and facilities for submission to computer drafting personnel, utilizing both manual and automated drafting systems.
• Maintains current knowledge of new technologies and systems as they are developed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field is required, with a minimum of six years prior experience as an Outside Plant Engineer.
• Comprehensive understanding of engineering, construction and maintenance.
• Knowledge of company networks, CDMA networks, service territories, construction management and company culture.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and various software solutions, including CAD.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development, each with a unique timeline.
• Ability to professionally advocate Silver Stars’ positions on issues.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to establish business and financial justifications.
• Proven employee development and performance management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
• Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.
• Ability to get a valid Wyoming or Idaho Driver’s License.