NTCA is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources team and support the Association's mission and hard-working staff. If you are interesting in growing in the HR profession, have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and have a passion for people and supporting their growth and development, this may be the opportunity for you.
This position will be responsible for recruitment and on-boarding as well as a variety of technical and administrative support to the team, including:
• Working with managers to attract new talent for open positions;
• Designing and maintaining new employee on-boarding program;
• Producing a variety of monthly/quarterly/annual reports;
• Serving as the liaison to the finance department on HR activities related to payroll, HR bills and annual audit;
• Administering HR system – HR, Self Service, Time & Attendance and Performance modules;
• Planning events that increase employee morale and engagement;
• Serving as the back-up to facilities department for immediate services needed during absences;
• Locating and placing temporary staff when needed;
• Maintaining all HR records
This position will work closely with two other HR professionals and our facilities coordinator supporting two main locations in Arlington, VA and Asheville, NC as well as several remote staff. Candidates should have knowledge employment law, candidate sourcing and interviewing techniques. Strong knowledge of technical systems: MS Word and Excel, WebEx, Survey Monkey and HR Systems (Ceridian preferred) is needed. Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to stay organized, demonstrated accuracy with strong attention to detail and follow through skills as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge usually acquired through an undergraduate degree in HR or business management and at least 2 years of related work experience or equivalent with the desire to grow in the HR field.
We are a professional, pleasant, fun association with a great office environment dedicated to serving the rural telecommunications industry. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package close to the Ballston Metro stop. Send resume and salary requirements to: