We empower rural communities through technology and great service. Santa Rosa is a customer owned cooperative. We are a rapidly growing company that is moving into new areas and lines of business. This position will have the opportunity for exposure to and experience with a large variety projects and technologies. Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits, interesting challenges, and frequent diverse learning opportunities.
Assist senior IT staff to support, maintain, and build-out information systems infrastructure. Support duties will extend to information and telecommunications systems. Job scope may change over time depending on need and aptitude. Looking for full time employees and part-time students.
The starting pay range for this position is $32,000 – $48,000 per year depending on experience and aptitude.
IT staff can expect to gain experience in a wide array of enterprise grade technologies. Relevant systems: Juniper: SDN, routing, switching, and Ethernet services; Linux: CentOS, bind, Apache, mod security WAF and service platform; Windows: Desktop, AD, and Server; AWS: EC2, S3, EBS, and Glacier; Azure: AD, ATP, Intune, MDM, Security and Compliance; General Enterprise Security: EDR, SEIM, management, and DDOS mitigation; Carrier networking: BGP, GRE, intelligent routing, MPLS, and EVPN; Cloudflare: CDN, WAF, and DNS. This is intended to give an applicant an idea about the experience they would have the opportunity to gain. This is not a comprehensive list and is likely to change as technology and methodology changes rapidly.
• Must be able to rapidly learn and apply new skills through direct instruction and organized training courses.
• Assist in the maintenance and build-out of modern wired and wireless networks.
• Work with a fast pace team to provide support and administration for desktops, servers, devices, and related systems; internally and externally.
• Investigate and resolve security, operational, and process issues.
• Must have the organization and planning skills to work independently and with a team.
• Communicate effectively and work well with others.
Problem Solving, Network Maintenance, Network Troubleshooting, Networking Knowledge, Networking Standards, Customer Interaction, Team Work, Technical Documentation
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• 2+ years pertinent education or experience preferred.
• A general understanding of IP networks.
• General operating system knowledge.
• Technical and mechanical aptitude.
• Periodic travel for training.
Full time employment includes excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K after orientation period. Great working environment at an established stable organization. An interesting entry level position with the potential for personal growth over time. Will generally gain experience in wide variety of systems and domains.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Occasional travel to HQ office in Vernon, TX. required.