(1) FT IT Networking Supervisor
Hours: M-F, 8a-4:30pm
South Slope, headquartered in North Liberty, IA, is currently seeking an IT Networking Supervisor. The IT Networking Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the network infrastructure and various security services including routers, network switches/hubs, servers, firewall administration, web filtering, access control and virtual server platforms. The ideal candidate will have solid communication skills and be able to mentor and manage employees in a fast paced and changing environment while maintaining a customer service focus.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Plan, develop and oversee all network operations including administration of routers, firewalls, network switches/hubs, servers, voice switching
and other IT related equipment/technologies.
• Develop and oversee maintenance of company applications; Provide application support as needed.
• Manage and maintain internal ticketing system for tracking user requests, troubles and repairs.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed to identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Network staff by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues and
monitoring projects to ensure jobs are completed in a timely and accurate manner; Provide technical support to staff as needed.
• Identify employee and departmental training needs and provide training as needed.
• Develop Networking budget objectives and controls, including hardware and software needs analysis; Order materials and equipment for
department as appropriate.
• Direct the design, development and testing of new programs; Train and update employees on application changes and improvements.
• Oversee and track cyber security and related training for all staff/end users.
• Perform workload and project resource planning.
• Oversee vendor performance and contracts related to hardware/software support, design, and implementation activities as it pertains to the
• Manage the development and administration of complex technical infrastructure systems, while ensuring security and data integrity.
• Responsible for ensuring documentation of the environment is kept current and secure.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of the information systems disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Monitor changes in technology standards, and make recommendations to advance the infrastructure.
• Review external penetration and internal vulnerability tests and oversee the implementation of necessary remediation.
• Participate in incident response planning in preparation to respond immediately to a service interruption or security breach.
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
• Administer Cisco network hardware including routers, switches, firewalls and related software.
• Collaborate with staff to assess short and long-term network capacity needs.
• Coordinate the installation and support of data circuits and telephone lines including DS-3, T-1, ISDN, DSL, POTS, and cable Internet services.
• Perform on-site and remote technical support.
• Maintain inventory of all network resources.
• Support and oversee HPBX installation and maintenance for internal and external systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
primary job responsibilities.
• Deep knowledge of ISP and enterprise networking technologies; communication protocols, routing protocols, switching, firewalls, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of WAN routing protocols and services, to include BGP, OSPF, and EVPN.
• Working knowledge of Cisco networks (wired and wireless).
• Proficient in MS Office programs.
• 5+ years of experience supervising a Network/Telecom team of 5-10 people.
• Knowledge of technology trends and developments in the area of information systems network and security.
• Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to interact, communicate, and relate
networking and security-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong supervisory and organizational skills.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Applicant must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
• Cisco CCNP certification desired.
• Certification level knowledge of Windows and working knowledge of Linux.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to build and manage relationships with the involved stakeholders.
• Ability to prioritize in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Data-driven and analytical.
• Self-motivated, self-driven and autonomous.
• Flexible with an ability to adapt appropriately within various situations.
• Ability to be available to respond to afterhours emergency calls.
• Positive attitude, professional demeanor and great leadership skills.
• Ability to resolve conflicts
• Detail oriented/goal oriented
• Listening, oral and written communication skills
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
o The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Moderate physical effort required including ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
About South Slope Cooperative :
South Slope Cooperative Communications provides high-speed internet, phone service and television to residential and business customers. Since 1958, the Cooperative has been committed to delivering cutting-edge telecommunications services to its members.
In addition, South Slope offers:
•Full benefit plan including: health, dental, STD/LTD, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k Plan
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Job Type: Full-time, exempt; Hours will primarily consist of M-F 8a-430p with occasional nights and weekends.
South Slope is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, disability military/ veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected category in compliance with local, state and federal law.