Copper Valley Telecom is currently seeking a Technician II to join our team! This position will be responsible for providing technical support in a help desk fashion for Copper Valley Telecom’s Corporate, Broadband, Managed Service Provider(MSP), and Wireless Networks. This position is also responsible for supporting System Administrators in the installation, operation, and maintenance of the aforementioned areas.
Additionally this position:
• Provides technical support to Copper Valley Telecom’s Corporate, Broadband, Managed Service Provider(MSP), and Wireless Networks by answering phone calls and responding to help desk tickets
• Supports Copper Valley Telecom’s Corporate, Broadband, Managed Service Provider(MSP), and Wireless Networks by assisting System Administrators with maintaining routers, servers, and other equipment. Maintaining identity Systems, updating filtering systems, and ensuring security and integrity of all systems as well as maintaining inventories.
• Provides input regarding designs, costs estimate, and recommendations for new services and enhancements for CVTC networks. Investigates and evaluates new product offerings for the inclusion into the network or as replacements for existing elements.
• Assists with installation and maintenance of systems at customer premises by ensuring systems and services are implemented on schedule and ensuring all network and site security concerns are identified and addressed.
• Monitors trouble tickets and provides analysis of both system and customer troubles.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities: Knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, Ethernet, Windows, Linux, routers, firewalls, VPN, IP Subnetting, DNS, DHCP SMTP, WiFi, TCP/IP, xDSL, ATM and HTML, PHP, Powershell, and BASH. Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, printer hardware, Microsoft Office, copier, shredder, various software programs, email, and SIP telephony systems. Skill in oral and written communication. Ability to accurately analyze user processes and procedures and recommend appropriate cost-effective systems. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects. View full job description for further requirements.
Education and Experience: Associate’s degree in Electronics or related field plus four years of experience in an ISP environment. An equivalent combination of college study and experience may also be accepted.
Additional Information: This is a full time, hourly, non-exempt position with an outstanding benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, 401K matching, and a retirement program. CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. This position requires satisfactory results of a background check and drug screen (including marijuana). Starting wage for this position is $22.18 per hour and may be negotiable based on education and experience.
A full job description may be viewed online at www.cvtc.org. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through www.cvtc.org/careers. This position is open until filled and is based out of our Valdez, AK office.