Owned and operated in the capital city of Lincoln, Nebraska; NebraskaLink is a Communications Company providing a state-of-the-art fiber optic network directly linking over 60 rural Nebraska communities to the larger urban communities both inside and outside of Nebraska.
We provide competitive pricing, diversified routing, and redundant facilities to local governments, educational institutions, healthcare, financial, manufacturing and agricultural industries as well as wholesale carriers and internet service providers.
The NOC Level I Technician position will be a key position within the Company’s Network Operations Center. This person will be responsible for providing Level I and potentially some Level II troubleshooting and technical assistance in the areas of our optical transport, Internet and IP based networks. This person will directly report to the Network Operations Center Supervisor, and will interface with the other work groups as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clearly documenting ALL calls via our Ticketing System
• Must be able to work a rotating shift.
• Communicating complex technical issues to customers in an easy to understand manner.
• Respond professionally and proficiently to internal and external customers.
• Perform customer call backs as appropriate and small business customer support.
• Proactively monitor all in-service Systems and respond to major events appropriately.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task proficiently.
• Answer incoming Customer calls.
• Be the first point of contact for our customers concerning technical support.
• Resolve customer complaints of any type.
• Trouble ticket processing.
• Monitor Alarms in network monitoring system software.
• Support NebraskaLink’s Engineering Department and partner companies during maintenance windows as assigned.
• Perform inventory duties as assigned.
• Escalate issues on-call personnel in a timely fashion.
• Network Interface Device (NID) provisioning and troubleshooting.
• Maintain and supply timely updates for open trouble tickets in terms of accurate trouble tracking and resolution information.
• Maintain regular customer updates for any maintenance or outage per companies written procedures.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Visio and WAN/LAN technology is preferred.
• Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
• Must have strong self-motivational skills as well as possess administration, coordination and prioritization abilities.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer and telephone systems.
• Skill in identifying and resolving subscriber problems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment is also necessary.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in Telecommunications, IT or Networking a plus but not required or,
• 1-3 years of experience in the above fields or,
• College students working towards a degree in the above fields encouraged to apply.