The Network Project Manager is responsible for oversight on all aspects of the (Range Companies) RANGE switching network, fiber optic transmission, information technology and access project using planning, monitoring, and controlling processes. The Network Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating with the CTO, Engineering Consultants, RANGE Companies Switching, Transport, Access, IT and Engineering Teams and vendors to define the scope of work for assigned projects and to develop statements of work, work breakdown structures, project cost estimates and specific tasks and milestones for the successful and timely implementation of each assigned project.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research available resources to gain a thorough and comprehensive understanding of each new switching, transport, IT or access services platform targeted for deployment
• Develop and maintain a project plan, project schedule, correspondence, paper and computer files for all phases of the project including, but not limited to contracts and agreements
• Manage all project budgets to include awarded vendor contracts, engineering consultant services and any need for additional labor or contract resources as may be deemed necessary to meet deployment objectives
• Create and execute project work plans and modifies as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope
• Minimize exposure to risk on the project and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
• Ensure that project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately. Project documents shall include updated floor plans for all RANGE Central Office locations
• Facilitate and lead team meetings and keep the CTO project teams well informed of project progress or changes
• Provide detailed weekly reports to the CTO
• Must exhibit technical leadership, team building, process development and improvement, conflict resolution and
• Develops budget objectives and controls. Orders materials and equipment for information technology operations as appropriate.
• Develops policies and procedures.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by the CTO *
These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in electronics, engineering, telecommunications or information technology, or related field PLUS seven to ten years’ experience in designing, installing, and maintaining telecommunication switching, transmission, access and data networks.
Some examples of preferred experience:
• One or more years of work experience supervising or managing projects.
• Previous technological experience with Digital Switching, Soft Switching, SONET, access network & ISP/IT Networks.
• Experience with network engineering at scale, leveraging Optical Engineering, IP, and Fiber Construction knowledge.
• Experience with layer 1 technologies, particularly long-haul fiber & DWDM
• PMP Certification or Certified Project Management Specialist (CPMS) certification.
NOTE: In absence of a bachelor’s degree in electronics, engineering, telecommunications or information technology, or related field; An additional 5 years’ experience in outside plant or Telecom/Network engineering, or related may be substituted as equivalent experience. Range Telephone Cooperative reserves the right to determine if any combination of education and experience satisfies the education and experience requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A valid driver's license is needed to complete the duties of this position.
Send resume with cover letter and career opportunity form to:
HR Manager- Range Telephone
Forsyth, MT 59327