We empower rural communities through technology and great service. Santa Rosa is a customer owned cooperative. We are a rapidly growing company that is moving into new areas and lines of business. This position will have the opportunity for exposure to and experience with a large variety projects and technologies. Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits, interesting challenges, and frequent diverse learning opportunities.
You will be primarily responsible for end-to-end customer construction, solutions, planning and implementing fiber connectivity, managing customer construction/installation orders, handling customer service plant requests, coordinating installations providing direction and project ownership by leading the implementation, execution and communication of projects/orders for customers. You will manage the departments of construction, install & repair technicians, mapping & engineering and line locators.
● Daily management of construction vendors
● Availability for on-call duty to respond to network outages and emergency restoration
● Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as cities, counties and railroad. Work in close relationship with underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment permitting, franchise agreements and building access agreement.
● Oversee timely permitting submission and on time performance of engineering and construction vendors
● Assist in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
● Provide specialized telecommunications technical expertise
● Coordinate and facilitate with internal and external resources to affect the timely completion of projects.
● Oversee product and/or service; may involve highly technical activities or programs, policies, procedures, controls and services required to support the sound financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
● Design and implement commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
● Provide direct interface with customers, subcontractors, jurisdictional authorities and interoffice personnel.
● Oversee procurement of equipment and materials related to the assigned projects.
● Execute bid process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the tracking thereof.
● Verify and update project documentation.
● Timely tracking of project progress and budgets
● Timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal service orders
● Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
Must be conversant/have working knowledge of structured cabling, routing, switching, and IP protocols
Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCAD.
Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery with negotiation skills
Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus
Perform on-site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org