The Strategic Account Manager is a key position within the OTELCO Sales Organization. This position is responsible for managing a defined subset of existing commercial accounts in the organizations retail sales channel. This position will actively work at maintaining and growing the account base in an effort to minimize churn and revenue erosion.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain retail commercial accounts through a variety of Account Management activities outlined as part of the company’s defined strategic account management plan. These activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Become the primary point of contact for all Managed Accounts
• Monthly phone contact and quarterly site visits for all Managed Accounts
•Annual bill review for all Managed Accounts
• Annual Review of Contract Status for all Managed Accounts
• Annual sales plans for all Managed Accounts
• Annual review of Account Management Plan for all Managed Accounts
• Develop new relationships with Enterprise Level Accounts, sell new service to enterprise accounts as appropriate.
• Meet stated product sales, customer churn and revenue erosion goals and objectives established each year for the Strategic Account Management team.
• Oversee service orders through provisioning process expeditiously handling any questions pertaining to submitted requests to ensure the accuracy of the billing output for all Managed Accounts, taking the time to view the output before it is delivered to Managed Account.
• Attend/participate in economic and business development events that support the regions/service territories served by the company and/or that support our Managed Account Base.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful candidate must have previous business to business sales experience. Proven track record of sales achievement and maintaining solid relationships with our existing and new customers.
• Proficiency in the use of Salesforce.com for tracking recast and new sales activity
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Possess excellent time management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Telecommunications experience is a plus but will consider successful, driven sales professionals from other industries.
• Understand costs associated with service deployment and work to improve margins while maintaining revenue.
• Knowledge of company products and telecommunication services including, but not limited to voice (TDM, IP and Hosted), long distance, Internet, WAN, hosting and collocation.
• Proficiency in the company’s sales processes and procedures.
• Ability to close sales.
• Skill in operating various office equipment. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong telephone communication skills for appointment setting and general communication.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and manage projects effectively.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience:
Two or more years of college education preferred, plus five years of sales experience. Must have technical aptitude or basic knowledge of telecommunications.